Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-03-2012, 5:26 AM Reply   
Bu Coo- I couldn't disagree more with your statement! When you are one of the top three brands of anything, you should be making every effort to ensure you have the best out there selling your product. A poor dealer can hurt your sales, and a good one can increase your sales. Nothing or no one is perfect but I feel Malibu needs to step up their quality control when it comes to their dealers! Malibu or any other manufacture for that matter needs be out there visiting and looking at these dealers. For an example; my initial dealer was selling VLX's with trailers that were controversial when it came to the boat weight. In fact my axle broke and thank god not going down the highway. Malibu could of cared less and my dealer was already history so I took it up with boatmate and those guys were awesome! They sent me a brand new axle and took care of me. Boatmate was aware of what some of these dealers were doing and put a stop to it, not Malibu. How is the consumer supposed to know? I specifically asked my dealer if a single axle trailer was suitable for my VLX, because I had never seen one on a single axle.

I had other issues, defects and problems with my boat that the dealers tried to blame me for??? Once I took the boat to a "good" dealer they were quick to inform me that the issues were defects and would be covered under warranty. The bottom line is if you want people to buy your product you have to take care of the people who are taking care of you.