Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tyler4091)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-11-2011, 8:01 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

Im lookin to get a new board specifically for cable park riding and cant make up my mind on which to get. Here are the main ones im considering.

LF watson hybrid 143
LF witness grind 144

Ronix phoenix project 142
Ronix bill board 142

im currently leaning towards the phoenix project..... any suggestions?
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-11-2011, 8:10 PM Reply   
2011 CTRL Rx
2011 CTRL Standard

I've only rode them once, but I can honestly say they are the best boards I've rode for the cable. (I currently ride a '10 Witness Grind)
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-11-2011, 10:31 PM Reply   
Id say go the hybrid from the boards you listed, only issue being the fins are pretty weak
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2011, 3:40 AM Reply   
All are great boards.Demo them and see what you prefer.I ride the hybrid.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-12-2011, 5:28 AM Reply   
2011 CwB Vibe, we have a lot of riders choosing to ride the Vibe for Cable.

Just recently got to check out the CRTL boards and Boots, I would suggest to wait and get a demo of the new CTR boards and boots, before you buy, they are super sick!!
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       04-12-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
i love my 2011 slingshot recoil but id love to check out a 2011 vibe
Old     (tyler4091)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-12-2011, 5:00 PM Reply   
Allll deffinitely great boards,
id ride the vibe or try the crtl's but we only carry LF, Ronix, an Hyperlite at Miami Ski Nautique and im lookin to get my employee discount sooooo... probably gonna stick with one of them. haha
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-12-2011, 6:12 PM Reply   
tyler - I just got back from OWC for a few days riding the new Hyperlite Process, and holy amazing board! this thing is definitely the fastest board i have ever ridden! Having previously rode the Covin, Viva, Marek and Conspiracy, this board is top gun. its got the enduro base for rails, and real small fins that wont catch when pressing or boardsliding. but the most noticeable thing is the speed this thing cranks out in a really short amount of time and distance, especially when edging for air tricks. with the edges and tension I was building, I got as good or better pop on air tricks at Odub than at Wake Nation. i can only imagine how big air tricks will feel on a higher cable. Super responsive, but it has slightly rolled edges in the belly of the board so it wont snag on rails. if your shop carries hyperlite, you def gotta check it out!
Old     (HuYuFuLin)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-12-2011, 10:52 PM Reply   
Doesn't Tom Fooshee ride the witness?