Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-26-2010, 12:47 AM Reply   
Hello,

I'd like to change the painting of my old ronix frontier (do you think it would be a good board for a girl ?) to give it to my GF.

Does anyone know what is the best way to do it ? Sand it first i guess ? Then which kind of paint should I use? and to finish should I use vernish ?

Thank you
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-26-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
The cost to do it right would exceed a new board. But you would use an automotive paint like PPG. Base coat, clear coat.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-26-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
There was a whole thread on this a while ago, and from what I remember, it became quite heavy, and the paint didnt last too long.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-27-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
$2 fine sanding sponge and $3 spray can. It won't last forever, but neither will the board. It can be cheap or expensive. I wouldn't worry much about the weight.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-27-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
I painted a board over two years ago and it still looks good.

I sanded the board with a pretty fine paper to basically just rough it up. I taped out some designs on it and used 4 different colors of paint and then put a clear on top of it all.

I used Duplicolor engine enamel and then the clear engine enamel on top.

It has not faded at all. It does however add a good amount of weight to the board.

I think in all I used about 6 cans of paint including the clear.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-27-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
we repainted a board and to be honest...it looked great, but paint does weigh some and in the end it wasn't worth it. I have a new board now
Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-27-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
thanks for the replies.
I started to repaint it, and for the moment it looks great. The old grafic of the Ronix Frontier wasn't nice for a girl anyway so I won't regret my choice.
Old    readyaimfire            12-30-2010, 3:48 AM Reply   
Why not just wrap the board? I did it to my board last spring and it's held up pretty good