Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       10-02-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
I am looking to purchase a new 08-10 board and am hoping that you guys can help me. I would consider myself an intermediate rider with some inverts and spins, but not a very strong toe side cut. I currently have a 05 Absolute plat that I thought I really liked until I rode a 09 Murray. After riding that, it feels like I have to work to much to get the board to generate speed. I want something that is very fast, not skatey or loose feeling, is light and has good pop. I have demoed an 09 Marek and was very impressed (might be the board I end up buying) but am looking for some more insight from you fellow riders. I really don't have a brand preference but have always been drawn to Hyperlite/Ronix. I am 5'10'' and about 200 pounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-02-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Try the ronix viva.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
jason IMO hyperlite and Ronix are the two best out there but you cant count out LF....Some boards id recommend are:

Ronix:
08-Covin
09- Viva

HL:
Murray
Marek
Era

LF:
Watson

all are great boards and have their own little niche about em so just ride em see what ya like then buy one
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       10-02-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
2010 cwb faction or DB9 those boards are the same shape, only difference being the graphic, and the DB9 is cwb's alternative core made from bamboo, which makes it ultra light! its also super fast! a few of my buddies rode it and were amazed at the control and speed it has! its a continuous rocker but pops VERY hard...from what i saw when my buddy was riding it. I recomend the CWB DB9 144
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-02-2009, 10:33 PM Reply   
You should also consider the LF Axis and Witness
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       10-03-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
Thank you guys. Isn't the watson very loose feeling?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-03-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
jason. the watson isnt very loose. even with the center fin out, its still more locked in then my finless lyman. and i still have plenty of control with my lyman
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-03-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
X2 on the 2010 Faction or db9

09 Murray, I hear the 2010 Murray is kick a$$ new shape.

Marek 09 or 2010