Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-01-2009, 4:33 AM Reply   
I have the chance to pick up an 09 Falcon V Air Warrior for around 29k.

Just a few questions from anyone that has one or has ridden behind one.

How is the wake with about the stock 500 lbs ballast, and how is it with lets say 1000lbs ballast?

How is the surf wake, I know Centurion is known for there surf wakes, But i haven't really seen much about the Falcon V.

any other comments are welcome.

thanks!

(Message edited by smitty1258 on October 01, 2009)

I spelled Centurion wrong in the title and cant fix it,lol

(Message edited by smitty1258 on October 01, 2009)
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-01-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
sounds like a great deal!.....never been in one....but with the ballast....get as much in there as you can 500 is really nothing..its not a heavy boat....1000 ehhh...........I used to put 1300 in my 17 foot fishing boat. I seen the boat at the boat show and was pretty impressed with its price point and the boat.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-01-2009, 7:08 AM Reply   
I ride weekly behind one. For boarding you'll want another 500lb sac in the middle in between the driver, boat likes weight in the middle. It can take more in the lockers too but you'll want to re-prop lower for holeshot.
Over on CenturionCrew they have the surf setup, but it's about 1500lbs on the surf side. Very nice wave with lots of push, but not the longest pocket.
Killer deal
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-01-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
My buddy has one... surf wake even with stock ballast and a couple 200lb buddies on the swimpad makes a pretty good surf wake. We can all go ropeless no problem.

Wakeboard wake.. its ok. He doesn't have any other additional ballast, so with the stock ballast only its pretty weak. I had to ride short to get a decent wake, which I didn't like. But like anything .. throw another 1000-2000 lbs in there whatever way she likes it and it will be good.

The boats are nice.. the cut the water nice, pretty quiet when motoring around. I was impressed by how smooth it accelerates. THe super wide beam is very nice, makes you feel like you are in a bigger boat.

At that price cant really go wrong... just keep an extra little bit of $ to make it the boat you want and its golden
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-01-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
Thats a smoking deal. I have owned 2 Cents and have no major complaints with them but haven't been on the Falcon. 500lbs in any wakeboat isn't going to do much unless you have a big crew of passengers, but adding ballast is pretty simple.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-01-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
I went and looked at the boat today. I like the boat.
I dont like the idea having a ballast bag on the floor. The storage under the bow seats is very small, so Im not sure how much weight I can get in there.
I could easily put 2 750 pounders in the rear lockers.
Im just a bit worried about the front.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-01-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
does it have a front ski locker? if so, a bow sac and ski locker sack will be plenty for the front and a 750 + stock in the rear (or just the 750)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
Put in those 2 750s and ballast up front under the seats and you be golden
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-01-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Tyler you could always go with lead and just leave it in there. Sounds like the boat is light up front anyways. Im probably goin for the 750's next year so you could always use my 400's. Just a thought.