Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-24-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
I just got my copy of Global Warning last week. I'd seen it when we premiered it at CIE Summer Nights, but hadn't really had the time to sit down and watch the whole vid.

What an awesome wake vid. Cervenka and Romero totally outdid themselves, not to mention great riding by everyone on board.

I always judge a wake vid by how amped I am to go riding after watching it. I was absolutely pumped by the end. The music, the riding.... IMO it was totally spot on.

GW definitely earned a place on the top of my DVD rack right next to the Truth. Probably my favorite two wake vids right now.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-24-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
The wife and I were watching it Sat night. The dancing/singing intro looked like a ton of work!

I love watching Deans section. Amazed at how he pops, holds a grab for a few seconds, and then starts to spin. Mind blowing.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-24-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
I've had it since Friday. Haven't opened it yet!!! It's killing me! Waiting for a vid night with the boarding buddies tomorrow. Can't wait!! Blu Ray too!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-24-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
I thought this should have been video of the year. Deans section is unbelievable. He lands everything to blind its insane. Like his song too. I'm so happy I waited for the bluray version it was worth it.

(Message edited by mofreestyle on August 24, 2009)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-24-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
I loved the crash section. You really get to see what Dean Smith goes through to go as big as he does. It seemed like half of the crashes were his!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Just watched it last night. Very good video. Was a bit on the short side I thought. The crash section just about made the video pay for itsself. Wow! Some painful hits!

I'd have to agree with what someone said about the soundtrack in another post. I wasn't thrilled about the music selection. But watching this on the Blu Ray.... WOW! Beautiful.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-27-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
See, that's the thing, different strokes..... I loved the music. Hmm.

I haven't even watched the crash section yet. I'll have to get on that this weekend.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-27-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
I noticed that too Eubanks. Seemed like every other crash in that section is Dean with a blind landing edge catch 20 feet into the flats!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
I dare you not to cringe on some of the hits they take. Wow... just wow.

The best crashes are when they just landed something and they think they are top stud... then BLAMO!

(Message edited by helinut on August 27, 2009)