Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-05-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
1st of all i love these bindings. But i have never been a fan of clamps or screws that you tighten manually they ALWAYS seem to loosen up. I personally check my equipment every time i ride so normally i would take a screw driver check how tight my screws were before riding and would almost never have them get loose while riding. Now it seems like after every set i have to tighten my bindings. I dont want to get injured just because my binding came undone.

anyone else having this problem? any solutions?
btw i ride a marek 146 so i have to use the spacer to attach the bindings
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-05-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
mine do as well. just tighten every time before you jump in. just routine. I dont think there's anything wrong, all my past bindings & board setups were the same.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-05-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Put Lock Tite on the threads. I have done this for years and never have to tighten my bindings anymore.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-21-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
ryan... remove the spacer and replace it with a split washer. then do as eubanks said and go buy a small tube of lock tight. with these two improvements, you should not have to check/tighten your hardware again.
Old     (cwb121)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-23-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Mine did too. So I took the clamps off and replaced them with a normal binding screw. Fixed the problem.
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
whatever you guys do make sure not to get any lock tite on the plastic baseplate, the stuff weakens the plastic severely. I did this on my snowboard and the disc crumbled like a cookie.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2009, 6:40 AM Reply   
I bent one of the spacers and the screw while riding recently (i dont know how) and replaced the hand screw with a normal binding screw and it does not come loose
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-24-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
If you use locktite have fun getting them out again if you ever want to take the bindings off the board. Broke my LF thumbscrews because they use locktite from the factory. Had to destroy them to get them out. I always loosen off my bindings at the end of the day to get any salt water out from under them, and tighten them up before I ride. Cam locks from LF are the business, you can probably retrofit them.