Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (lettinit)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-04-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
I just thought of something that I though I'd throw out. What if boat companies made a "kit" boat.Lets say you have an old CC2001 or similar that had a good motor, stereo gauges etc... but the boats getting old and you would like new one with more room. What if you could buy a brand new boat with just the hull, seating and tower an maybe a few other essentials, and then pull what you can use off an old boat install the rest yourself. Thoughts???
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-04-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
You really want to pull a 20 year old stereo and motor out of a boat, and put it in a new hull? What benefit would this be to manufacturers?

Really doubt this would ever be a viable business plan.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-04-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
Sounds like a no-options boat to me. Plus, who would want to buy a hull that had holes where speakers/HU were supposed to go?

I'm with dhcomp on this one.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-04-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
Maybe a rebuild kit for older boats such as the 2001 that has a great hull.

thoughts only;
Dash replacement
Interior replacement
nav lights
tower
stereo
carpet
stringer repair kits for a specific model.
then add instructions that are detailed and clear

May equal a great deal with some sweat equity.

Might be a better business plan then a hull replacement.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-04-2009, 1:23 PM Reply   
The hull is one of the most durable components on the boat. I could see a SMALL market existi1ng for ppl who had old boats but wanted a new engine, tranny and electronics. Ok maybe a TINY market.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-05-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Standard Boat company already does all of this.