Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (moombadaze)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-30-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
Has anybody been on a boat that has the trim tabs mounted on it for surfing--seen a photo of a Sanger and now a Mastercraft X2 with them and wondering if they are worth it as it looks like they could be added on to any hull.
Old     (jumpit13)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-30-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
I have one on my Sanger V215 love it can clean up the wake and can adjust on the fly which is nice.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-30-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
I think he was referring to one on each side so you can give a lot of list to the boat without adding a bunch of weight.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-30-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
Andrew Taft bought that Sanger 237 Surf Series with hydraulic trim tabs-hopefully he will chime in. I heard they can be added to Sangers $$
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-02-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
I worked with Scott to add those wake plates to the V237. They do a lot of good things, but won't replace ballast for surfing. The use of the plates allowed us to not run any front ballast at all. They let you adjust the wake to riders ability and likes. They allow a fully weighted boat for surfing to run at wakeboarding speeds.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
our boat has a tab... couldn't agree more with Dennis' comment.

The wake/wave is made by water that is displaced, to make size one must displace water, thus the ballast first.
Tabs can help change the running attitude of the boat and consequently the shape but in my opinion this is "icing" not "cake" if you get the analogy.