Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-31-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
Hello,

I have an 05 V215 with a Proflight tower and until recently never dropped the tower down. We built a garage this year for her and had to drop the tower to get it in. The bolts were super hard to unscrew and have some kind of corrosion on them.

My question is: Can anyone recommend any kind of lubricant and or cleaner that will make things easier? I tried WD-40 with marginal success.

Thanks!
HD
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-31-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
Get some Permatex Anti-Sieze compound and brush the threads lightly with it before installing them back in. Reapply as neccessary and you won't have any more issues.
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
First, clean bolts and inside threads with acetone (or equivalent) and blow out with compressed air. The threads need to be as clean as possible. Consider using a tap and die set to really clean both threads.

Then apply anti-sieze lube (or grease). You should be good to go.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-31-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
Anti-seize FTW. Everything I work on goes back together with either anti-seize or Loc-Tite. Anti-seize is mandatory on all stainless fasteners.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-31-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
One more vote for Anti- Sieze. Just remember a little goes a long way with that stuff.

Trace I could not agree more.
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-01-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone, worked great!!