Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-24-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
I want to split my rear RCA's comming out of my head unit to run the wetsounds threesome off of two different amps? this will allow me to us my fader on the head unit between the inboat speakers and the tower speakers. will this have any effect on the head unit out put? the set up will be amp#1 4 channel. 4 wetsounds xs 650s ran on the front output channels 1and 2 220x2 @ 2ohms, 1 485 bridged on channels 3 and 4 440x1 @ 4ohms ran off the split rear rca output: amp#2 5 channel amp pro80s on channels 1,2 and 3,4 bridged 220x2 @ 4ohms on split rear RCA out and 1 12' sub on channel 5 from RCA output of amp # 1. does anybody see anything wrong with doing it this way? I cant seem to find anything on splitting the front and rear RCA outputs to two different amps? head unit is a clarion cmd4 2v on the output.sorry if this sounds like a dumb question this will be my first stereo install. thanks in adavance
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-25-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
If it were me id get an eq.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-25-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
our old headunit only had 1 set of RCA's going out, so we just "Y"ed both of them (red and white) and it worked just fine.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-26-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
My Factory deck has 1 set of RCA outs. I was splitting it using a Y Adapter. I don't recommend it since you are splitting the voltage of the RCA's every time you do that and not sending full rca voltage to the amp so the amp doesn't play as clean. I got a WS420 and it takes the one set of RCA's and re-distributes them to three 5v sets. Best investment and so much control of everything, from the in boats to the sub to the tower. I was in the same situation, and the move to the WS420 is a lifesaver for sure. The Mic feature will also be fun this coming summer.

(Message edited by SilverMustang35 on March 26, 2009)