Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (cardude)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-14-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
I got a 2005 Moomba XLV at auction last week. Had about 2" of water over the carpet-- it was a repo and had been sitting with the plug in. I have drained the water and cleaned it up, and am testing things now. I have no power to any of the accessories (stereo, blower, bilge pump, etc) after replacing both batteries. Is there a main breaker somewhere?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
There is a 50 amp breaker located on the front of the motor.
Old     (cardude)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-15-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Cool thanks. Found a 50 amp breaker behind the batteries and everything works. Now to change the oil.......
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-15-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Be advised that if water sat that high in the boat the starter was probably submerged. My experience is that a starter may work for a while after such treatment but they will soon fail.

Be sure to change the transmission oil as well as it is likely that the water level was above the vent for the tranny and water could have gotten in.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
You'll have to change the tranny and V-drive fluids multiple times to get the water out.