Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (searay97)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-13-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
First time posting just wanted to show some pics of my new krypt tower.

Upload
Upload
Old    mendo247            08-13-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
Thats a nice looking combo. I love the tower, really fits the boat.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-13-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
That looks great. Krypt did well designing that tower. It looks a lot like the tower on the newer model Supras and Moombas.
Old     (searay97)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-13-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
Thanks I looked long and hard for one that would go with the boat.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-14-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Tower looks great. If you get a chance could you get a pic directly from the front or back.
Old     (searay97)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
Yeah sure,I will have it out this weekend.I will get some then.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-14-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Hey Chris, if have any good pics without the boards in the racks or people, let me know. I need some installed pics of that tower for my site!
Old     (searay97)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Not a problem i will have it out this weekend and i will take some then.Thats what i was looking for when i bought the tower was some picks of it on some boats.By the way you guys are great to deal with have fast shipping.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-14-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
ditto on the tower going with the boat

a lot of I/O's look awkward with any tower slapped on them but this looks as stock as an aftermarket tower could get
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2008, 6:08 AM Reply   
I like how the lines of the tower seem to follow that of the windshield. Very classy looking
Old     (blwakeguy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-15-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
that tower was made and designed in china.
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-15-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
Chris, nice job on the tower really like the lines on it, my tower looks a lot like the krypt (see profile). I also did a lot looking before buying.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-19-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
Rich, what kind is that?

Upload
Upload
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
Chris, Rob

Both the boats look great... Thank you for posting this plug with pics on our tower..

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
Krypt Towers
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-20-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
Rob,
It's an "Air Cannon" tower by Warlocks in Rancho Cordova, CA, I paid around $1200 including installation. The tower's real sturdy, no cracks so far! knock on wood... I think the tower with a swoop looks the best on an I/O
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Ken, only a couple complaints, seems like a lot of the locking allen screws work loose after any time on the freeway when towing....Would you recommend locktight or something else?

Also, a few of the allen bolts are odd sizes, you need like three different sizes to fold it down.

Lastly a question: Why are the bottom rear leg mounts adjustable? Why not make them with a fixed location like at the top of the rear legs?
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-23-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
While I'm at it I'll add a compliment, I love the way it folds down, very nice. Upload
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Rob,

Go thru your entire tower and put lock tight on everything... You have a universal tower, and there is alot more screws and bolts to shake loose than a custom tower. However, my custom tower on my Supra Launch is supposed to be checked everytime I go out according to my manuel.. I normally only check all screws in my tower once a season, and I always find something that needs to be tightened. Again locktight everything.

The alen bolt for the leg joints is different from the alen bolt that locks the front pivoting joint.. Your tower should only require 2 different alen wrenches to fold down.. 2 Alen wrenches to lay down may seem like a pain, but it takes me less than 2 minutes to do myself. This was not purposely done, and maybe something we end up fixing on future manufacturing runs..

The rear bottom leg mounts are adjustable so during installation the towers' top bar hieght can be adjusted..