Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
Pretty much have sat for this entire season. The thread where people are talking about one of the worst things for a boat is to sit got me kinda worried. i am out this season due to an injury so it is not worth the cost of running it if i can't ride. Will a normal season service take care of all the issues i need to worry about?

I have taken the boat a handful of times this season but has sat for maybe 2 or 3 months at a time between uses.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-21-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
I bought a 5 yr old boat that had 59 hrs on it. The problems I had with it were things like the belts & hoses being all cracked & dried out, threads in the upholstery & covers being dry rotted, and the rubber in the windshield frame & rub rail being trashed.
If you treat or dress those things, I'd expect them to be OK. But I doubt 2 or 3 months of non-use will do any damage. Just don't let it go for 2 or 3 years.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
Pack some cold drinks, your honey and some smooth tunes and go for a cocktail cruise.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-22-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
I wouldn't be overly concerned. After all most of us non-Floridians leave our boats stowed for 4-8 months every winter. As Bill indicated, it is the gaskets, seals, and rubber products that go with non-use.

If you are going 2-3 months between uses, I would put some fuel stabilizer in your tank and would be tempted to fog the engine too.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-22-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
I agree with Andy. I dont know what the injury is so maybe taking it out at all isnt possible. But at the end of the day it is a BOAT not a wakeboard only type of thing. I have had some of the best times on my boat just chillin drinking listening to tunes and getting some sun. There have been days when my boat has sat tied up to the houseboat for most of the day while we BBQ and fish. Use it for what you can buddy. Go spin around in it. Open it up and tear a$$ across the lake. I use mine for lots more than just wakeboarding, a cocktail cruise is always a good time.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       08-22-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Ditto what Sean said!

Booze cruze with friends, float in the middle of the lake with frinds. Hell, I sit at my dock on the swim step and listen to music while the kids swim. If you have family, it's a great way to get everyone captured in one place. I love it, the wife and kids can't get away from me, so they have to talk to me! ;)

JT
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
if i wasn't an hour away from the lake and could just drive a few miles to put it in the water, i would, but it is just hard to justify what it costs in gas for the truck and boat just to go cruise the lake. Not to mention i have to buy a new crank for the trailer as it broke when i was trailering the boat a few weeks ago.

Thank you for your responses.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-22-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
a little money to cruise the lake and keep your boat in working order is probably cheaper than paying to get a whole bunch of work done on your boat due to neglect...thats just my opinion
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-22-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
holla at some of your boys that ride, get one of them to pull it to the lake and you drive them for a day, its the best thing beside riding yourself. that way its just the use not any gas or time wasted. You have to buy a new crank anyways just do it now
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-22-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
If I injured myself I would still be calling all of my friends to go out on the boat and ride even if I couldn't. I can sit behind a steering wheel all day.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
Well the issue is i am just starting my business so my income is waaaaaaay lower than when i was working for someone else, plus I just bought a new tow vehicle(08 Armada) so having to spend $150 - $200 for a days worth of fun on the lake without the benefit of riding is just not justifiable to me although jr makes a very good point about a little money now for gas instead of a bunch of money on repairs down the road.

Dave, Believe me I can sit behind a steering wheel all day but with gas prices the way they are it gets expensive.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-23-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
John, you can store the boat at my house and i'll run it for you when the Supra is low on gas. I'll just take out my lamp post and we can store it in the front yard. Then you can use our ramp when ever you need to launch it for free.