Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (spade)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-19-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
Anyone know anything about these?
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-19-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
Do a search my man. There was a complete post that started a few weeks ago on the little Tomcat
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-19-2008, 10:52 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/597444.html

im lookng for the other bigger thread that had all 3 gel options in it.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-19-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/592728.html

here you go!!!! looks like a great boat, you thinking about one?
Old     (spade)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-20-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
thx for the links guys.

yes it does look awesome.

maybe in a year or 2...
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       07-20-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
checked out one yesterday. We are supposed to get one soon to play with for a while. Thinking about running one for the next season. It is supper spacious for only being a 21' boat. fells more like a 23' boat when your in it. The wake is big and rampy. Lots of stroage and it is finished very well. The handeling is responsive and impressive when it is weighted down. This boat will be a good addition to anyones garage. The best feature is it will fit in the garage.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-29-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
Here is a video of the 2400 lb ballast system on a F23 Tomcat. The lil Tomcat has the same system, but 1800 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYhawR_IU-E&NR=1
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-30-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
I love the look of this 21 footer. Great plus that it will fit in the garage! My dealer has one and I think I'll have to take a test spin.
Old     (jdrcrew8)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-05-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
http://www.mbboats.com/boats/2009F21Tomcats/index.htm

Hopefully this is OK to post here. I found it just by Googling for the new boat.

The most pictures I have seen including all three graphics options it appears plus some boats in production that look a little different and show what is possible. I'm digging this new 21 from MB.

I should note that I am surprised that you can't find anything about this new boat on MB's website. Obviously the budgets are different but you would never find a car company with pictures of its new models starting to leak out without them being ahead of it with a news release at the very least.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-05-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
why dont you call that dealer I think they are going out of business?
Old     (da_bomber)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
MB is not going out of Buisness, they are currently working on a new website and it should be up and running Aug. 8th or sometime next week, here you will see all there boats and much more. MB hands down builds one of the best Boats. The quality and attention to detail is superior to others, when you buy an MB boat you are buying a new family member. MB does not build production boats they build one to two at a time, so mistakes,Flaws, and oversights do not happen. MB takes there time to build a boat for that special customer and not the meat market dealers, all there customers are special and they will even build to the customers specifications if you request.
I have ridden in many boats Mastercraft, Supreme, Sanger and even Supra and hands down MB is more comfortable than the others and has tons of usable storage, there in gel coat graphics blows all the competition away, the heavy duty carpet will last longer than the cheap basic carpet kits that other manufactures install in there boats. I am not a basis, I am speaking what others need to know if you want quality and the best buy for your money then look into Malibu, MB Sports, Nautique and Supra. These manufactures Build there Boats with pride and it shows.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-05-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
So, does the under floor ballast system in the MB's provide enough weight to surf? I was looking at one because the ballast system leaves a lot of open storage space. It would suck to buy one and then have to start adding ballast.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-05-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
I surf with my 2008 Tomcat with stock ballast easily.. plenty of weight to surf.
Old     (da_bomber)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
The wake is great to surf behind specially if you only fill one side of the ballast system it makes the wake huge
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2008, 10:34 PM Reply   
I too am interested in these boats. I'd prefer the 23' but those are outrageous.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 11:37 PM Reply   
The main problem with the MB is the quality of the build. Don't tell me about how great your boat is because I don't care. I have been trough about a dozen of these over the years and the quality is crap compared to the price. The vinyl is cheap, the carpet is lighter than other brands and even down to the sending units for the gauges is worse. They skimp on the important things that matter. Space, wake etc. don't matter when the boat falls apart because it is put together with screws instead of bolts.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-06-2008, 5:36 AM Reply   
that's funny Seven.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-06-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
That is hilarious..
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-06-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
I said dealer not MB Boats. Maybe it's a rumor. You dont have to tell me about how good MB's are any of you. I had one and they are quality. Seven is on a good one.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-06-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
I wasn't going to say anything, but my B52 didn't live up to expectations. My buddy's Boardwieser B52 had structural problems too. Great looking boats but they do skimp on stuff. Look pnuematic actuaters for the observer seat, mounted with screws. My Malibu is attached with bolts.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2008, 8:03 AM Reply   
I love when people defend what they love because it's what they want or have. Go ahead and get one and in 2 years come talk to me. When I say I have been through them, I mean I have disassembled and reassembled the boats. To each his own. I would rather have a boat I KNOW is good, not something that makes me core.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-06-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
Mine is very high quality too and i watched mine get built so i'm pretty confident in the build quality.

Obviously these arguments go nowhere. People need to decide for themselves by taking the boats out for demos or I guess you can buy one and take it apart and put it back together again too.

I will say one thing, my Tomcat definitely doesn't make me feel core when I'm a beginner rider at best. If anything but your riding makes you feel "core" (of which the definition i'm not quite sure), then you are probably a poser.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-06-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
I stopped by my local dealer to see one in person and liked it a lot.
The picklefork is shorter, nice one piece windshield, traction pads on the gunnels/transom, removable ski pylon with billet cover and a cool pop-up bow light.
The interior is big, the biggest I’ve seen on a 21 foot boat, but the large lockers were sacrificed.
The bow seating is decent, you can’t stretch out yer legs when facing forward, but there is plenty of room up front.
The Skylon swivel boardracks can’t hold a wakesurfer, dang it! I was surprised to see decal graphics instead of the trademark gel coat graphics.
The tower is ok, but I’d like to see the original Tomcat tower on this boat. This is not a “price point” boat, 50K won’t get you one, MSRP is similar to a B52 V.
I hope the MB website is updated soon so we can learn more about this boat.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-08-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
If you only knew what you were really talking about...MB boats are poorly built. I am sorry. I have nothing against them, or anything for any other boat. I have restored/worked on damaged and sun beaten boats for years. Anything from 80's mastercrafts, to old bayliners I have seen it all. I know the good from the ugly. I was just trying to help a guy not make a regret decision. MB is one of the poorest built inboards I have seen. Even the hulls on these things is below the bar for quality. I understand you saw your boat be built, but I have seen many of these after being used a few years.

(Message edited by seven20 on August 08, 2008)
Old     (da_bomber)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
Seven,

I know your full of chit man. You are in this forum cause you get your rocks off pretending you actually know what your talking about. After reading your last statement shows your real cover.
MB uses the highest quality Materials,Parts and Accessories. So i am guessing you used to have an MB but once you could not make your payment the REPO man took it from you. Thats why you have all the hostility towards MB. MUHA!!!
Old     (da_bomber)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
Seven,

So what is your Boat of choice?
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'm on my second MB and have had Zero problems with both of them. Every brand has their occasional lemon or "Friday boat" but I've been very pleased with our MB's. If you look at posts here on Wakeworld about other boat brands you will always find someone who hates that brand and had a bad experience. If someone is interested then go look at them yourself. I'm sure you won't have the same opinion as Seven if you compare the MB to others.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-09-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
Seven,
25 years old and seen it all ?? I don't think so. What one place (one place ??) did you work where so many "poorly built" MB's came through ? Or how many have you owned to know the "good from the ugly"
If you really want to help here, be very specific about the year and model and the specific issues you are talking about. General statements like yours are ignored on this site.