Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-24-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
Ok,

So today I am out riding. It is me and 5 other people in the boat. After several sets, I go to pull up a friend and hear a super loud "Pop Pop". I felt it in the floor under my feet. It felt as if it came from the walkway to the front seats. I opened up the floor access panel but did not notice anything. I pulled the rider up but did not hear the sound again. After a while another rider went to ride and again when pulling him up I hear another loud "Pop" and the floor shook. I stopped the boat to investigate it and noticed that my windshield won't shut right now. It is about 1" off from where it was. Also, in the compartment under the glove box, my amps had come off the side wall! I am beginning to think maybe the top hull has cracked somewhere. My buddy said it sounded like it may have been fiberglass cracking. Has anyone ever had something like this happen to them? What should I do. The boat is still under warrenty, but I am not sure if that is what it really is.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-24-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
OUCH... -1 for the X-star.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-24-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
i saw an x-10 do the same thing. it started off as a 2-3 inch crack and kept growing. yours sounds a little worse as this one did not affect how the windsheild open/closed. that boat would be back at dealer and a killer deal would have to be made on a new boat. did mc have a lifetime hull warranty in 06? good luck. post some pics.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-24-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
Kevin,

I don't really know what to take a picture of besides the windshield. I can't imagine what such a loud noise could. I guess I just need to take it into the dealer and let them look at it. I'm just scared to use it and its a holiday weekend. I don't think its going to sink or nothing, but dubups can't be good for it at this point. Would loud cracking and popping noises point to the top hull cracking. I just can't imagine why the windshield won't close anymore and is more than an inch further away from closing than where it was. All of the pieces of the windshild look good, hinge, brackets, etc...it just seemed like the whole top of the boat is now an inch further apart than where it was before. Strange.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-25-2008, 6:00 AM Reply   
man im sorry to hear that. the one i saw started right behind the windsheild at the top and ran over the edge and down the side. again im sorry to say if your windsheild is that far off you have a VERY serious problem.something strucural as broken and will be involved t fix. i hope MC will stepup an do the right thing for you. they didnt in the boat i saw. but it was a little older than yours. but still they should step up.look all boats can have issues but its how the company steps up and handles it that speaks volumes to me. please let us know what they say.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-25-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Sounds to me like structural... I have a friend that described something very similar about 2 years ago, and it ended up being something to do with the stringers cracking (I think this is what its called; not a mechanic).

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-25-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
floor shake and "pop" would be structural.. you def have a stringer or hull compromise somewhere.. bummer man.. keep us posted, as me and my wife are looking at a new X2 and don't want the same problem..
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
It does sound like you have a hull problem that should be covered under the lifetime hull warranty.
What Kevin described sounded like a gelcoat stress crack that is not covered under the lifetime warranty....Get it into the dealer

Good luck!
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-25-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
When we add thousand's of pounds of weight to our boats are we not causing some of these problems? And are we not voiding the warranty my doing that?
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-25-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
no i know what a stress crack is. this was a crack you could see light on the other side. you could slip a knife blade all the way through top of deck and feel the blade come out the bottom. NOT A STRESS CRACK!!! i just talked to the guy with the boat he said its getting a little worse and the glovebox pops open with every little bump he hits wich it never did before. sounds like he is having structural problems as well.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-25-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
Well The MasterCraft I knew when I had my promo boats would have take care of that. I find it hard to believe that they would not fix it!??
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-25-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
I find it hard to believe that MC would not take care of a problem like this. Sounds like you need to talk with your dealer and get them to contact MC. This sounds like a lack of communication more than anything.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-25-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
i did find out he was not the original owner of the boat he bought it used with 115hrs. so they told him to bad so sad.they why i hope mike has a better luck.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-25-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
MC has lifetime structural warranty on boats so this is a no brainer and no reason why it couldn't be fixed.

And if your the second owner you need to get warranty transferred for this reason.

(Message edited by waterfreak on May 25, 2008)
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-25-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
"The boat is still under warrenty, but I am not sure if that is what it really is."

Just out of curiousity... why would you come on here and ask?

If something like that happened to anything I owned... and it was under warranty...

No brainer... take it to them and have them look at it and fix it...

}
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-26-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
Hehateme,

I was just trying to figure out if flexing in a boat like this is normal. Plus, I live four hours from my dealer, so its not as simple as just run it up to the dealer. I plan on driving it up this weekend. No big deal.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
All boats flex however from your description yours is NOT normal. Loud poping and shifting floor is a serious problem!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-26-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
No Problem Mike... just figured... that you would realize that everything falling apart etc... is not really considered to be normal... that was all.