Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any info??
Old    popwar4207            05-12-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
The Potomac River is my home lake/river. There was one comp on Damn 5. It was an INT competition at one of the locals house. Not sure if it is going to be a yearly deal or not.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-12-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
I believe Gettysburg Marine and the MC dealer on Wallenpaupack are running a local grass roots tour of some sort this year (not INT). Last year there was an INT event on Damn 5 hosted at Max C's house, not sure if it will be there again this year or what exactly is going on. You can probably contact Gettysburg Marine for more info...
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-12-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
The last I talked to Max about it he was still talking about doing something on 5 this year. It wasn't going to be INT, and I'm don't think GMC was going to be involved either. I haven't heard anything about it recently though.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-12-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
http://www.sterlingmarina.com/Calendar%20of%20Events.htm

^Sterling is having the PA wakeboard championships in July. There will be a wakeboard contest in NJ sometime but it has not been scheduled yet. Keep checking here:

www.soswakeboard.com

Then for free riding there's NJ Wakefest June 14th

www.njwakefest.com

Lake Anna Va is having a contest

www.lakeannabuzz.com
Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-12-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
thanks,
I ride out of the sassafras and there is like me and four or five other decent wakeboarding dudes I know who are looking for a comp. to ride in for fun!!! Are the vibes pretty chill at these comps? or are they serious??
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-12-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
Comps are pretty laid back Grant, at least last year they were.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-12-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
Ewing

Remind me to introduce you to Dave "banned from the INT" Thacker . . .
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-13-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
I don't blame him I wouldn't pay $85 to ride behind a tige either
Old    popwar4207            05-13-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
is Thaker really banned from the INT?
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-13-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
I doubt it. As though the INT would turn down $$$.

I simply dropped it in here in response to Ewing's claim that they are pretty laid back events. Shane, since I have no idea who you are, I figured you should know I am sarcastic about 99% of the time. I like the drama . . .
Old    popwar4207            05-13-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
we ride the same river, hate on DCwake, and know Thacker and Max. not to get off topic but your profile doesn't say what kind of boat you have?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-13-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
Shane, Chase is an old angry lurker and don't ask about his boat, it is really small.

I was at two events that went well even with the Tige giving a pull.

(Message edited by johnsvt on May 13, 2008)
Old    popwar4207            05-13-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
I have ridden behind North Atlantic Marine's Tige at Lake Anna, the INT at Max's had a Tige, and they sacked them up for the outlaws but not for anybody else. I have also ridden behind the Tomcat and some awesome boats but for some reason Glass and Powder events don't fill up the ballast. As for competitions on the river other than the INT, there was something by Ray's supra dealer but i don't think it was a contest. He just had some of his big gun riders like Jimmy Hart come and rip it up.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-13-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
shane

I used to ride on a supra, but the well ran dry on that one. This year it will be an MB B52. Look for it and you should find me . . .
Old     (smwake)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
There are going to be three stops this year for the "X-treme" tour. One will be on the Potomac, Lake Wally, and also in Philly. I know that Sterling Marina is obviously pulling Wallenpaupak, but they are also pulling the one in Philly. They just got an '08 X-1 to use for these type of events. There is also one last stop at Raystown, but that isnt an official comp...just prizes and stuff. I will find out from Katherine when the exact dates are though and then post um up
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-14-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
Chase is that you......papa...papa....don't go!
Old    popwar4207            05-14-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
who is hosting the "X-treme" tour?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
SMWAKE, where exactly is the Philly stop?
Old     (smwake)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
The philly stop is somewhere on the Schuykill Riv...although I'm not sure at the exact piont of the river....The womens name is Katherine Fultz, she was the women who ran the INT here in Pa last year. Its basically the same thing as the INT last year except they changes the name to Xtreme tour
Old     (smwake)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
The philly stop is somewhere on the Schuykill Riv (spelling??)...although I'm not sure at the exact point of the river....The womens name is Katherine Fultz, she was the women who ran the INT here in Pa last year. Its basically the same thing as the INT last year except they changes the name to Xtreme tour
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-14-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
SMWAKE, are you doing some clinics/riding days up at Wally? (Aug 9th?) I might be up then, camping at Ironwood. If so, whats the cost?

Any other events at Wally you can tell me?
(I meant to e-mail you about this, but maybe others on here would be interested too)
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-14-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
I can't believe Kathy let me out of the loop on this one. Any idea on dates?
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-14-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
CDub

Good to hear from you. How r the kids? I have graduated to another level of operation. For some reason, I have felt the need to post again on this site for the past few days.

Never fear it will pass soon enough. With the river back down to 56 degrees and flowing at flood stage, I am forced to waste nice days at Wakeworld until things settle down.

Pathetic . . .
Old     (smwake)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-15-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
Here are the dates for the stops....June 28-29 Philly, July 19-20 Wallenpaupack, Aug 15-17 Dam 5 WV, Sept ? Raystown party and prize $ ceremony........the events are going to be the dates listed on our website...the only change might be that the camps will be done on a thursday and friday (you can sign up for one day, or both) instead of on the weekend..It is a madhouse up here on the weekends...

Dave, I emailed you the rates and what not..

If anyone else is interested or has anymore questions regarding the Extreme tour just email me at tbart@sterlingmarina.com