Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hello,

I finally got the boat back and wanted to share my new setup with everyone. Scream Marine did an excellent job all around and the install speaks for itself. I found them to be the most reasonable priced install shop in the DFW area and they were very flexible with all my ideas. I also want to give Wetsounds many thanks as both Tim and Justin are both very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The new WS-12 sounds awesome and has exceeded my expectations on a single sub setup. The 485's speak for themselves. I am very impressed by the WS-420, it is very user friendly and the PA function rocks.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-14-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
Looks like Tim is doing pretty well this tax season.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-14-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
Damn, Patrick...that looks good. Glad to see you didn't screw around!! They did a very nice job, and it sounds like you are stoked. Congrats.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-14-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
Wow I have to say nice set up man. I love the wetsounds 485's I bet that sounds sick!!!!!!!!!!!! Jelous over in Oregon
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-14-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
Patrick,
Lemme know next time your crank the stereo so I can step outside and see if I can hear you up here in Missouri!!!! Real Nice!!!
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-14-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
Patrick,

Do you know if those 6.5 interior wet sounds were a perfect fit for the stock speakers. Was there any adjustment needed or did the holes from the stock work for the replacement. If an adjustment was needed, do you know what was done?
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-15-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
Heath, I know I'm not Patrick, but figured I'd answer anyway. :-) The Wetsounds XS-650's needed adjustment in my '07 Supra 22, which had the stock Kenwoods. The stock holes were too small by about 1/2". I used a Dremel tool with the grinder attachment to just work around the outside... the templates that Wetsounds provides were VERY helpful.

I left the stock bow speakers in the boat because I'm nervous about Dremel'ing the vinyl panel the bow speakers are mounted to...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
That set up must rock nice choice on the amps and wetsounds products can't go wrong with them.

Tim must love these threads, the best advertising and all...
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Heath, Cal answered your question perfectly. Cal, they were able to refit the bow speakers fairly easily. They look good, and sound good up there as well! I can get you some info on how they did it if you want? I also have a ton of red LEDS installed throughout the boat, thanks to Adam Curtis!! I now just need to work on getting the wake dialed in!!
Old    mendo247            04-15-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Nice setup!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-15-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Looks great, glad to see everything finally got finished. I'v had subs in 4 differnt locations ( under the helm, under the rear seat, storage comaprtment, under the pasenger seat) in that boat. Just some FYI. I had a 12 in the storage compartment, but evertyhing in my glove box was rattling like crazy and was annoying to the point that I could hear it while driving, and the box took up valuable storage space. If it's working for you, don't change a thing.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-15-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
Patrick, that would be very helpful, thank you!! From other Supra 22 thread, sounds like you're getting the wake dialed. I have yet to even get behind my boat... :-(
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-15-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
Patrick great set up. Question Though, I see you have something from Trident HSE, Is that by chance the new RVC?
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Cory, yes it is the new HSE RVC. The remote had a loose wire on it last weekend so I didn't get to try it out. We are fixing the remote this weekend to test it out. I am very excited about it as it may be the one device that saves my marriage . My wife is notorious for not turning up the tunes when she is driving. The one cool thing is it has an auxiliary input so we are going to run my MP3 player direct from the unit. I plan to post up a review on it after we get the remote working on it.
Cal, I will hit you up with a PM once I talk to the installer about the bow speakers.
Adam- so far so good, no rattle issue. The sub hits hard so it may just be a matter of time.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-15-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
I just wanted to make a side note to Patrick's post. The HSE RVC unit in his boat is one our prototype units that was built last year. The production units coming out soon will look like this but darker in color

Upload

By the way I was out in Patrick's boat last weekend and it sounds and look great! Congrats on the new system Patrick.

(Message edited by wakeprodigy on April 15, 2008)
Old     (noboat)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-15-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
Looks awesome! Can you post up some close up pics of your LED's? I would be interested in seeing how they changed up the stock cabin white LED's.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Jeff, I plan to take some pics of the LEDS this weekend. I will post them up for you. I had them re-route all of my Clear LEDS to the storage areas for better lighting. They are still on the cabin light switch. The Red LEDS are running off my Aux switch and replaced the factory placement and a bunch of new locations as well.
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-16-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Patrick,

Where did you get the sub box?
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
Heath, it was custom built by Scream Marine