Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (wakedave)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-07-2008, 1:18 AM Reply   
A friend of mine from Bangkok, Didi Anwar, recently landed a Blind Elephant (basically a tootsie roll rewind) off the kicker.... you can check it out in the video here:

http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/index.php?showtopic=2386

Its the second trick into the video.

Just wondering if anyone's landed it before. It would be cool if he was the first.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-07-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
I know that Sean O'brien was talking about doing them off the wake for a while, dont know if he ever stepped up and tried it but I bet he would have. I will call and find out tho-
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-07-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
I think Sean was talking about doing an elephant to late ts bs 180, that one in the vid seems more doable. I just thought that the one sean was talking about was sounding more like an elephant cause this is really doesn't have anything in common with an elephant cause it is all spun bs. I am not to take anything away from the trick at all cause it is crazy awesome and I think it is the first of its kind.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-07-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
Robert, you are correct I was just informed that Sean O was talking about a method elephant to blind, freaking nuts. Sounds like a good was your end your day on the lake. I am still waiting to hear if he actually has been working on it. I will post when I know.

Again like you said not to take anything away from this video this trick is a banger, just a bit different.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
i liked 3:31 it was something like a hs fs 3 grab melon and change directions and do a blind 180

and 1:18 where he does the super long one footer on the wakeskate
Old     (wakedave)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-07-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
well the move definitely doesn't resemble anything like a regular elephant, but he called it a blind elephant cos its a frontroll to bs180 (tootsie) to fs180...so technically, like an elephant, its a frontroll but with 2 opposite 180s in between. Except this trick starts with a bs 180 first as opposed to an elephant which starts with a fs180.

I've heard of sean's move before in an interview he did I think which is technically a super late tootsie roll which starts out looking like a scarecrow. Or rather elephant to bs 180. That would be a killer move too.

(Message edited by wakedave on April 07, 2008)
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-07-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Yeah I guess it is a late fs 180 if you think about it from the start of the move but when you watch it it looks like a late switch bs 180. Very cool and innovative. I wonder if someone will pull it behind the boat or if it will remain a cable trick.
Old     (wakedave)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-07-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
From the looks of it off the kicker... it looks pretty do-able behind the boat and some how the rotation looks a little more natural than a dum-dum... especially for someone who's comfortable with landing pete rose which has a similar blind landing.

Of course its easier said than done.... heh