Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (howsonj)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-24-2009, 11:22 PM Reply   
Hey everyone

Trying to get some feed back from any one that has owned/ridden/seen epic boats around. Looking at them was maybe a little hard at the start but i must admit it has grown on me really quickly! I went for a demo also, through some rough water and i was very impressed by the way it coped with it! Amazing ride (no vibrations) with the resin infused hull construction. As for the wake, WOW is all i can say! I am hoping to hear form any one that knows of any problems that have come about from them? Even the smallest problem?

Thanks guys and gals!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-25-2009, 4:30 PM Reply   
The only people that own any of the Epics that have been built after the initial "pre-production" models are dealers.

So you will have to see if they chime in... most of them have used them as "demo" boats.

I would assume they haven't had any problems with them, but there are a few people selling them for $20,000 less than the 09 price tag.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-25-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
There a more Epics out there then just the dealer Demo boats. Delta Wakeboard camp ran an Epic all last year with no problems. The 09 that we have been driving has had no problems. The problems that came about from the volvo motor were solved by going with the Merc. The ride is amazing and the handling is great, even when fully loaded. The GPS Smart Tow Cruise Control Works perfectly. The dual rudders and 8.1 motor make doing double ups a walk in the park. The boat will hold 23 MPH around our island and just glide around the corner. Would not even dream of trying that in our Malibu. That thing would chine lock and we will be on the bank.

All in all I feel Epic is a rock solid wakeboat That will continue to grow in popularity as the industry begins to recover
Old     (snacks)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-09-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
I sell Epics here in Utah and our customers love the boats. We have had no issues with any of them and love pulling anybody no matter how big they are. There are a lot of "haters" out there that like to spread rumors, but the boats are great.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-09-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
Kip ~~ I missed ya at the UT Boat show, I was looking forward in talking with you about the EPIC and getting some demo's set up. I know I tried last season and time never worked on both our sides. Good luck with keeping EPIC in UT and would like to see more on the lake. Did you guy's get any EPIC shirts in for the boat show, mine is all worn out since I haven't seen Gary in 3 yrs.

Here's Kip's EPIC that I got a shot of at the boat show!
UploadUpload
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-10-2009, 1:10 AM Reply   
Too new of a company for me to invest that much money into a new boat.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-10-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
^ No way... honestly if I had the money for any new boat it would be an Epic hands down...

They've been around for like 4 years, really no issues besides the 8.1, but any company with 8.1's has had trouble.

This is thing is a proven wake machine... if you want to wakeboard and do it right, there is only out boat that will make it happen completely stock. EPIC.

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on February 10, 2009)
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-10-2009, 5:49 AM Reply   
I really wish there had been some epics at the Charlotte NC boat show... Is there anywhere near here to get a demo?
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       02-10-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
I had a chance to ride behind an '08 Epic this past weekend. There were some pros and cons for me. Unfortunately I didn't get to really check out the boat since we were at a charity event. I would have really liked to spend some time looking at the storage everywhere and checking overall fit and finish. Interior space was a big downer for me. It felt too tight for a 23' boat and I think some of that could be solved by making the gunwells a little bit more narrow. I would have like to driven the boat as well to get a feel for it, but there just wasn't enough time in the day.

Pros:
Solid feeling ride
Transom audio was great sounding even 600-700' away. (was on shore at the time)
Great wake (tanks full & 9 people in boat) felt alot like my '03 SANTE except a bit bigger.
Lots of power from the 8.1L. 9 people and full tanks with no problems getting up to speed.
Engine noise quietter than expected.

Cons:
Lots of choppy water right behind the boat (thought the dual rudders might cause this)
Didn't feel like I was in a 23' boat. The interior was crampt feeling and felt more like my 210.
Boat speed felt off a bit while riding. (Could have been because driver was using RPM instead of MPH for PP)
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
Anybody have any feedback on the stuff they use for carpeting? What is it and is it durable?
Old     (goboating)      Join Date: May 2008       02-10-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
The matting in the Epic is awesome. Had mine in Fl last summer and even on the hottest day, it is cool and it wears great and cleans great too. No snaps to worry about or mildewing carpet. I know a few other mfrs are going to this as well.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-10-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
mallenger, Charlotte, NC boatshow was totally depressing. What happened to that show?
Old     (mtnsun)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-10-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload

A very nice Epic that we had the pleasure of using at one of our tournaments here in Colorado last Summer.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-10-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
I'll take the one in the pink.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-11-2009, 5:06 AM Reply   
Randy,
I couldn't agree more. I was there with my wife and 2-couple friends of ours. We are all young professionals right around 30 yrs old and wakeboarders. The sales people would barely even look at us. I was really hoping to see some MBs, an Epic or two and the new Axis boat... None of that, just a bunch of really expensive MC, CC, Supras and Malibus. That may be the last time I go to the Charlotte boat show.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-11-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   
mallenger, I hear ya'. We've been going for 5 years running now. We drive down from Winston-Salem, walk around, drink a few Carolina Blondes and I try to talk my wife into letting me buy a new boat. It worked 2 years, but this year was awful. The best looking boat there was that orange and black Malibu. Think it was the Wakesetter with the Mali-vu and the in tower micro video cam. Like you, I think we're done going.
Old     (lowend)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-12-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
i love boat bun
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
those boats are unique and have character ,add the wake kicks serious butt stock and it rides rough watern and drives so smooth,im surprised they dont sell more boats.

i wish they had a 21ft boat with a cheaper price tag with the same results as the 23 and id take a hard serious look at owning one..

as of now they are priced like other proven boats in the market but they are new ,have no track record and dont leave people many options because if you had to choose between a proven boat like a Malibu,supra,mc,or cc and prices are close you go with one of the proven pnes.

IMO if they dropped the price to below the market of other big four manfs... and raised the standard warranty to say 6 yrs bumper to bumper to gain consumer confindence,then maybe they would make a dent in this market.

car manufacturers like Kia and Hyundai are doing something similar when they started and they are doing well in the car market.