Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       02-22-2011, 3:28 PM Reply   
So I have been thinking about adding some semi-auto ballast to my 2001 Pro Air for a while. Filling up 4-5 sacs is getting old quick. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for adding bags into a DD? When i ride I fill the stock (400lb in back) 400lb in back locker, 440's on sides of engine, 350 in ski locker, and 550 in bow. The sacs in lockers shouldnt be very difficult, but I wasnt sure what to do about the sacs along the engine. I was thinking about just having a hose run along the sides of the boat and just connect to bags when i want to fill them? Just brainstorming a little, not sure how Im gonna work this yet.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       02-22-2011, 3:42 PM Reply   
a few summers back we looked at a DD moomba that had lines run to fill up bags on the side of the engine. It was basically exactly what you are thinking of doing. He ran hoses that had the quick connects and you could just attach the bags and fill them up with switches located on the dash on a plate he had made. Ended up going with a different boat but he had a ton of ballast plumbed to fill and drain automatically.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       02-22-2011, 4:10 PM Reply   
Thats basically exactly what I am thinking. Did he have any comments about it as too how it well it worked or anything?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       02-23-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
He said it worked flawlessly and he said the wake was big enough to scare him. There were just a couple inches of hoses you could see sticking out by the sides of the rear seats. It was really a nice install.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-28-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
My install on my 99 Air direct-drive. See my profile there too for more pictures.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...allast-Install

I did not add in bags for along side the motor box, but you could try something like putting a 3-way valve on each of your vent lines so that you could manually redirect your rear bag vents to your bags in the cabin. Just a thought.

Or you could just add some pop bags. I ripped out my hard tanks, put in a pair of v-drive sacs in the back and added pop bags along the sides of the rear seat where the old tanks used to come around (completely hidden). I only have 160 lbs of lead on each side, but the boat rides better on the trailer with that weight.