Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
All I changed was put a 5 foot ext. on my rope. My speedo doesnt work but I run about 28 on the tach. Oh its a 1986 ski nautique 2001. I run two big sacs along the motor and 1 medium sac behind the engine. Am I just going to fast all of a sudden? My wake used to be big and ugly steep. I think I need to go back to slower speeds. But when I slow down the wake looks good but I feel like I am going to slow? Mental block or what? Thanks folks.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-03-2005, 10:51 PM Reply   
Jeff-
I think your speed is about right. I have an 87 SN 2001 and run between 28 and 29 on the tach. If you are going faster than you have in the past you may need to add more wieght. I run 2 450's (one on each side of the engine) and a 750 across the rear. I also have about 300lbs of lead in the front and another 80lbs of lead under the rear seat. I've never had a problem with the wake going a way? I also ride at 75feet total with the handle.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       09-03-2005, 11:23 PM Reply   
jeff, same thing happened to me on my old wellcraft boat. the wake was good when going 18 mph, but then i started to go 22 mph and the wake sucked! so then we just got a new malibu vride, theres a solution.
Old     (rmm025)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-04-2005, 6:28 AM Reply   
We have an 83 Nautique 2001 and we weight it with about 500# under the bow and about 550#-600# in our built-in rear locker with usually 3-4 people. The wake is great at 21-23 and 70' and just as good at 23-25 at 75'(probably knee high wake)
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-04-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
You sure your 5 foot extension-addition just didn't put you too far back and that's what makes you think your wake has diminished?
Old     (above_the_levee)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-04-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
taylor...the sad thing is, is that the SN 2001 still throws a better wake than the Bu that you got. haha, you can't mess with a 2001 wake.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-04-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
Taylor-
A Wellcraft is no Nautique! I have to agree with Scott...I have been behind Malibus. The only wakes that are as good as the 2001 (IMO) are the SAN's and the Sanger V210. Sorry dude!
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       09-04-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
why are you guys acting like jerks? he's just excited about his new boat. is that wrong? what site is this? oh, for a minute i thought i was on the "other" site.
Old    ill_rider            09-04-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Could it be water depth? It makes a bigger difference than I thought. You need at least 10'.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-04-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
chill chuck, chill

"same thing happened to me on my old wellcraft boat...so then we just got a new malibu vride, theres a solution." - The 2001 cannot be compared to a wellcraft! And as far as the "solution" being to buy a new boat...what ever! The malibu may throw a good wake when weighted properly but I was not impressed at all with the $55K VLX I rode behind. Even if it was wieghted right I don't think it would put the 2001 to shame...infact, I doubt it would be any bigger or steeper!

"why are you guys acting like jerks?" - Chill out, no one is trying to act like a jerk. Don't turn this into something that it's not. Comments were made in response to "buy a Malibu for a solution." comment.

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-04-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
Jeff, I thought you would have that SAN by now. Your wife said you could get one at spring ride. haha ya I think just put your rope back where it was or slow down a little.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-04-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
Yeah I need to get an axact wieght set up. Always trying to change it around. Or 3 ppl insted of 4 sort of thing. I had a bad couple weeks trying to figure it out even put bags on top of bags and just got frustrated and my friends got scared . They thought we were going to sink the boat. Squid...I almost sold it to a friend....But decided to keep it...Trying to get it dialed before Shasta. I want to see if it will keep up with the big dogs up there...HAHA
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-04-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
Oh congrats on the new V-ride Taylor. My friend has family that works for Malibu and he wants me to go partners in a new 1 with him. Very nice boats I agree. But Usually the wake on my boat is almost to good to get rid of. A definite bargain for the 10 grand I have into it. Although it is getting time to put money into it. New floor this winter I think.... Squid are you going to Shasta end of the month? I am in desperate need of pointers. And Heart...and Courage....and Desire.....HAHA
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-04-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Jeff don't know yet. It could be 50 50 last minute.