Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    phimple            08-08-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
Hi,

Does anybody have an Intensity Drysuit and if so how do you like it? Any comparisons to other manufacturers?

http://www.intensitysports.com/pages/prodpages/waterski/drysuit.html

Thanks
Old    phimple            08-10-2004, 2:46 AM Reply   
Anybody?

Now I know you aren't using them in your summer but we are freezing our bits we would rather not freeze off down here in New Zealand...

Cheers
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-10-2004, 5:20 AM Reply   
i've got one. it has been very durable and kept me dry.
Old    phimple            08-10-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
Thanks Timmy,

Cheers Phimple
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-10-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
Looks good to me. I have a Bare Ultra Dry and LOVE it. I think most dry suits are very similar in quality at the same price point. I know the high end O'neil has a neo neck seal which is supposed to be very comfortable. But I think that runs over $400. Check that, $330. http://www.shuswapsnb.com/O'Neill.html check these guys out. Im sure they will ship to you. I bought my bare from them.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-10-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
http://www.shuswapsnb.com/O'Neill.html

try this one
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-10-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
ok, copy and paste it to the adress bar
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-10-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
i've got friends with the o'neill. they stay pretty dry too.

intensity suits are really OS Systems suits. they make a wide variety for watersports, kayaking, diving, search and rescue, etc. the nice thing about the intensity suits is that they are made for barefooting, so they have nylon and cinches on the ankles and the wrists outside of the latex seals. this is an additional aid in keeping you dry.
Old    phimple            08-10-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
For those that have drysuits, how do you find it in winter when its really cold?

What do you wear underneath and what about your hands and feet are they not going to freeze as well?

Here in NZ the water temp in winter is as low as 6-7degC or 42degF and the wind chill factor really sets in....

I have been out in winter with the snow on the hills close by in my wetsuit but my feet and hands got so cold I couldn't hold the rope or feel my toes after a short while. Another guy hyperventilated so bad when he got in the water he had to get out again due to the cold...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-10-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
i have been in water with ice on the sides. I'll typically wear a tshirt, and a fleece if it is really cold. and fleece pants (add long underwear if it is really cold) i find my bindings do a decent job keeping my feet generally warm. and i'll break out the gloves for my hands. you can wear latex gloves under your ski gloves which will keep them dry. as for your face, it will be cold. essentially don't expect marathon runs in really cold conditions, take breaks, warm up between sets.

i eventually smartened up and moved to florida.