Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
Hyperlite gear is now in Barts... never thought I would see the day.

Barts also looks to have all the new Obrien gear for everyone who was looking to get some
Old    Slingshot            05-29-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think J Star is now owned by Ronix, and thats probably why you are seeing Hyperlite in Barts, because they always used J Star in Barts.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-29-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
Have you been IN Barts, or in the vicinity that it's in?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2009, 4:08 PM Reply   
Kyle, that would make sense, just was a little shocked to see it, then again its been a while since I've seen a Barts

Adub, in their mail order stuff.... so no I haven been IN barts, but I assume that the goodies in their magazine thing is the same as the store (actually didn't even know they had a store you could go in).... I also don't really know what you're saying.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-29-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
Yea, I probably came off harsh and didn't mean to. I'm just assuming that you're saying what you did because they do mail order, and I would have too prior to going to Northern Indiana. It's a normal shop, with loads of gear, that also has a mail order. So does the House, and a few others. They also hire and support the local scene like no other, and with the tons of lakes in the area they are the place to go. I was just there last weekend and they were having a huge tent sale (like Performance) and picked up some good stuff. They had Byerly, so I probably didn't notice the Hyperlite stuff, but they've also got riders right there helping people, waiting to get on the water themselves. Long story short, I used to be against it sort of, but it's a shop like all the others, and it really supports it's local scene.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
I never knew they were like that... I thought Barts/Overtons/Ski Ltd. were all like
Walmart/Kmart/Shopko .... just sort of a big business trying to cash on in MSRP for people who do not know any better.... if Barts is legit thought its not so bad.... their prices are still nuts, but they go get the sport out to a lot of people.