Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
Are there any boards for those of us that are over six feet and weigh about 240? If so which ones would be a good choice for a beginner with room to progress? Thanks in advance for any input.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-10-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
Hey kevin,
I started wakesurfing weighing 280 and 6'2". Started on a board that Jeff Walker made for me. It is 6'2" 24 wide and thick. Now I weigh 160 and ride a 5'0 1" thick See picture at http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/420765.html?1173364772 A lot will depend on how big your wake is. The Inland Surfer Red Tide should also work.
I had 340 #, myself and a 70# boy with a small wake on my 6'2" board without a problem staying with the boat. I know that the 5'0" Walker Project Composition X will work for you as your skills advance if your wake is large enough.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-10-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Look for a real surfboard....we had a 300+ pound tub of lard on it....

http://www.wakepics.com/img/11045
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-11-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
For your size the Inland Surfer Red and the Trick Boardz Mojo should work fine. Depending on how you progress and how good your wake is you may be able to step down to a smaller board in time. I weight 220 to 210 and have ridden some ridiculously small boards.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
I would look at a Shred Stixx also. His bigger board would work for you.
Wadd$
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-11-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
Kevin,
A lot will depend on the size of the wake. I looked at your boat today at the Sacramento boat show. You will probably need to use lead or popsacks to weight it properly. There is not much room in the back lockers to place fat sacs. Beautiful boat tho love the black and yellow.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2007, 9:33 PM Reply   
Dennis thanks, I'm glad you like the boat. I spoke with a couple of guys this weekend one of which is only a bit smaller than me and they both have surfed behind this boat without having to add any extra ballast. When I demod the boat in November the wake was very large IMO. But I'll remember what you recommend if its not big enough for me. Thanks again!