Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-26-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
I have super air with stock tanks. I belive 400 in the back and I put a 500 pound tank in ski locker. I was thinking of buying the 520 pound set up. With not being able to drain that wieght, does it make it hard to load the trailer or put me more at risk in low water? Just wanted to get feed back from people who have used it. The reason I want to go with pop rather than sacks is I can hide the pop products and not lose too much room,
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-26-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
I did JUST EXACTLY that this weekend. I bought 520lbs of pop bags for my 05 210 TE with the intention of putting all but 2 or 3 of those bags up front in the nose....those remaining 2 or 3 are for balancing the boat out. We went out Sunday and it worked great....especially because I could throw almost all of those bags at the very tip of the bow. So...this being my first time to try this...I had the same concerns you have(and still do). At the end of the day I moved a little over half of the bags to the area on the floor just in front of the rear seat...which places them directly over the trailer axles. My concerns have been....

-am I overloading the trailer even though I was told my trailer is rated to handle towing my boat even with the ballast full.

-will it seriously affect my gas mileage on my 06 Tundra?

-like you...I'm concerned about my boat sitting lower in the water when I'm pulling up to the boat ramps...especially with the lack of water lately in TX.

-will it harm my boat in any way? like you mentioned...will it cause trailer loading issues? I moved those bags before loading it on the trailer.

Well....after trying it this weekend....it seemed ok, but that was one trip. I'll let you know how I feel about it after using it this way for a few weeks I guess....

I'll tell ya what...it was great not having to fill that front sac and then having all that extra room....

Troy at Pop Products is an awesome guy...treats his customers right!

-mark

(Message edited by fletch_tx on February 26, 2007)

Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-26-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
I see we got our boats at the same place! :-)
Old    walt            02-27-2007, 5:36 AM Reply   
Pop bags are a great way to go. I run around 900 pounds of pop bags and lead and leave it in the boat and have no problem getting it on the trailer.

I take most of it out and put it in the truck for longer tow's though.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Mark you get your boat a Buxton??
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-27-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Walt - what boat and tow vehicle do you have?

Britt - yep....Buxton
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       02-27-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
I love my pop bags. They're really easy to move around but are heavy enough to make a big difference in the wake.

I don't trailer anywhere, so I can't help you with that one.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-27-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
1200lbs of POP bags here.... The only way to go IMO. They are so easy to move and take up almost no room.

Be careful towing though. You don't want to overweight the trailer or your vehicle. A few hundred lbs is cake though... You wont even notice it, but it'll make all the difference in wake.

(Message edited by guido on February 27, 2007)
Old    walt            02-27-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   

quote:

Walt - what boat and tow vehicle do you have?

Sanger V210 & 05 Ford F-150
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-27-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
Evan - that rocks....I'd love to have a slip so I could run 1200 lbs of them. We like to hit a bunch of different rivers/lakes here in TX, so it's not an option for me....
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-27-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, I only tow about 200 yards to my storage unit, so it really isn't a big deal. This boat hasn't done much traveling, but with my old boat I used to take some of the lead out before trailering. I'd make up the weight with sacks when we went to the lakes.

It really isn't that big of a deal for the tow vehicle (although I guess it depends what you're towing with). I worry more about the trailer handling the extra weight.
Old     (wasntme)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-27-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
The best part about pop bags is being able to switch from wakeboarding to wakesurfing quick.