Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-25-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
whats up, Im new to this site and it seems to be the place for answers. well i purchased an 05 avalanche with the walkthru the end of last summer.I love the boat but i have some concerns.

First question is weighing the boat. we ride at 18mph and 75' of rope(beginners). i have 3 factory tanks and usually just a spotter and driver, stock wake plate. The port wake is washed out all the way down. The starboard is perfect. You can kinda jump it but its not clean at all. I tried emptying the starboard tank and putting 2 people on the port side, the boat leans ,but the wake is the same. I read some poeple puttin lots of weight in the back compartments but like i said were beginners. I really just want them even, the size is fine. maybe bow weight?

2nd qustion should i buy a hydaulic tab? I read alot of people sayin its a must, but some dealers told me its only for sking and doesn't do much.so basicly whats the advantage.

finaly the bimini top. the boat has the proflight swoop tower with a factory bimini. the bimini was cool until i put speakers on the tower. now i cant open it. It hits the speakers when i fold it out. whats the deal with that? i emailed centurion about this, but they didn't tell me what they do when they factory install speakers. Maybe theres a mod i can do?

these forums are awesome and u guys are a big help. any answers u have would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
Take a look at this thread

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/417428.html?1172451876
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
18 Mph is a bit slow for a clean wake especially at 75' on an Avalanche.
20 - 22 the wake will clean up much better
If you can't get the wake clean with weight and 20 - 22 mph you should contact your dealer

The bennett trim tab is a great option. To add it it will require all the new hardware and some fiberglass work since the holes are in different locations