Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old    dustinwiemann            02-19-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
i am looking to buy a set of lights for night boarding. how many bulbs? how much power do i need? i have seen a bunch of setups out there some good, some krappy. i am leaning toward a 5 light bar system. what works good for the money?
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-19-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
I just picked up a six light bar from fusion and they can all be flipped from front to back. It also has and led that points into the seating area. I am really happy with it.
Old     (jjmtahoe)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-20-2007, 12:44 AM Reply   
Check lostpro.com I bought the hid's for the illusion x and I cant wait to get them. I saw their bars were decently priced compared to others. I know their HID's were cheaper than a halogen from other companies. Good Luck
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-20-2007, 4:09 AM Reply   
Unless you are on a private lake wakeboarding at night comes with the potential of a big fine. In addition no light set helps the driver see where he is going. There is nothing on the water to reflect the light. Lights help the rider see the wake and help when docking, thats about it. We've done a little night boarding a good full moon is better than the best light bar made and it doesn't cost anything.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-20-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
Jana - what did you pay for the HIDs from lostpro? When you get them installed, you should post some pics!!!
Old    DRA            02-20-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
Just a thought, In California it is rumored to the light bars needing to have covers on the lights just as off road light bars need. I have not been able to verify it but it appears to be true.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-20-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
It is nice to have lights when around the dock at night, or when outrunning a thunderstorm at dusk in heavy rain on the 4th of July. Tstorms happen every afternoon where I live in the summer. I'll risk a ticket to be seen under those conditons. I like the three back two forward that you can switch independently. Get them so that they swivel wide for (not) surfing at night.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
i kinda look at them like a condom rather have them and not need em than to need them and not have emUpload
Upload
the two in the middle aim perfectly back if need be right between the speakers
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-20-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
here are our light. We went with the home made style except for the clamps. They work great:
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
does the rope ever get caught on the top lights?
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-20-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
wakeair.com has some nice light bars....
Old     (jjmtahoe)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-20-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
I know MSRP, I was quoted 800.00 for four lights, but I received dealer pricing since they haven't released them to the dealerships yet. I know metcraft are 850.00 for four lights plus install and taxes. My install fee was a flat 150.00 and most shops charge hourly not by the job. My friend wanted me to look into light bars for him and I was told they will have HID bars within two months. I saw something about covers for the lights. They did offer these to me as an option. I never knew that was a law. Maybe I will get some. They had colored ones as well as clear. All I can say is I am really happy with the look and functionality of these lights. When my boyfriend gets to the pictures, I will post some.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-20-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
we have never had the rope hit our lights on the top of the tower
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-23-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
check out dbot5 lights, get 2 light bars with 3 lights each, (6 lights total), fit any tower out of the box
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-25-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
The only problem that I have had is the forward facing ones blinding me while trying to load the boat. I'm in Utah so night boarding is pretty much out, but having them for the late night drink off's are great. Don't load the boat with them on though!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-25-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
I made mine for about $125, got the bulbs off of ebay, and the rest was the cheap part:
Upload
Upload
Upload
These photos are prior to wiring it up and cutting/capping the bolts sticking out the bottom. It's finished now, I can post some pics if anyone is interested.