Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-14-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
Anyone else find these numbers interesting (especially owners of Skier's Choice boats)? I realize they're separate lines of boats, but its the same company. Skier's Choice has the largest increase year to date and comparing the same quarter in the previous year, both by significant margins. Seems like they should be capitalizing on that in their marketing.

Ok, I put it out there...1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a boat war!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-14-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
numbers I dont see no stinking numbers

Well there is the whole 1 2 3 4 thing but i dont think those are the numbers you are talking about

(Message edited by krbaugh on February 14, 2007)
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-14-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
It's on the home page Kevin, in the small articles box. Called Q3 sales numbers. Just shows that Malibu dominates the sales market with a 24% share. Top five others being MC, CC, Moomba and Centurion in that order.
I guess Moomba made the biggest jump from 05'.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-14-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
I'll add a link for those that can't find it:

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1015
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
i can't believe centurion is that big! they aren't very big in the NW i guess
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
The boats that I ALWAYS see around Oregon are Malibu, Tige, Moomba/Supra. The last 2 more specifically in the Salem area
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
i don't see many malibus around, not in portland anyway, i see mostly moomba, supra and mastercraft
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
Its kind of funny how dealer location (by lakes) plays a big part of what kind of boats on that lake. For example, Detroit Lake has a Tige dealer 30 minutes away and a good % of boats docked at the lake and being used at the lake are Tige. Lake Billy Chinook has a Malibu dealer close by and its full of Malibu's. Salem has a Supra Dealer in it so our little stretch of water is full of Supra boats...
Old     (newtige20v)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-14-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
We see lot's of Tiges in the Houston and Austin area. Malibus everywhere, Mastercraft and CC are also common but no Centurions. It looks like all of the companies who had increases took it from Mastercraft.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-14-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
Miami has practically no malibus, almost all CC then Mastercraft
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
CC is like non exsistant here it seems! i see a few a year if that
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-14-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
Even with our short season, there are a lot of wakeboard boats in Colorado, but not a single CC dealer.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-14-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
Bill- There is a CC dealer in Colorado. Great Lakes Marine picked up CC in September or so. They were at the boat show. It's the first time CC has been in the Colorado market in 8 years I think. That's why you don't see any Nautiques around. There are a few, but very few. We'll start seeing a few more now.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-14-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
Patrick hit it on the head, what you see is all about dealer location. There is a moomba and supra dealer about 15 minutes from the river I ride on most of the time. The ski and wake board boats out there are probably 90% skiers choice boats.

I was in Orlando back in december and almost everything I saw down there was CC.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-14-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Oh...I'm so uninformed!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-14-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
Centurian is big in So Oregon We have a dealer in Medford
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-14-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
Most of these companies have more dealerships in California than anywhere else, followed by Florida. Centurion, Malibu, MC and CC boats are the norm around California and Nevada.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-15-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
Numbers can be twisted anyway you like...Its call "SPIN". If BU produces 3500 hulls a year in the states between 2 factories good for them. If MC produces 3200 from 1 factory that is AWESOME also.

These #s show units registrared. Some states do not allow you to get that info. I do not know which states. I am sure that BU is making ALOT of boats and pumping them out just as fast as they can. If BU is a 40 MILLION dollar a year company with 3500 hulls thats cool. But if MC is a 50 Million dollar a year company at 3200 hulls...who then is really #1?

DOLLARS or UNITS produced?

Just something to think about
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
lol
I think all the companies are doing a great job of getting great product out there.

Just for conversation/arguments sake:

Lets say that Company A does do $40MM on 3500 hulls (just arbitrary numbers here) and Company B does $50MM on 3200 hulls.

I would think company B owners might say "could you use lube next time please."
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-15-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
Were no Epics sold in 2006??
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
By Eubanks (eubanks01) on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 11:29 am:

Were no Epics sold in 2006??

No disrespect intended, but have any Epics sold in 2007(ever)? I have yet to see a "Hey, look at the Epic I brought home today." I have seen dealer boats/demos....but no "I paid for this Epic" thread.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
its hard to argue with sales numbers. I guess when mc led the pack all those years that the numbers were true then, but now that they are behind they are misleading. How about that.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-22-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
all the more reason to not buy a malibu......it definately depends on what dealers are around though....
Old     (kyboater)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-25-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
What do the numbers really mean though.
GM sells the most autos, but by no means do they build the best.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-25-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
to answear a few questions/comments-correct craft and mastercraft and the2 most expensive...2. correctcraft and mastercraft dont mass produce the amount that bu centurion do...moomba hate to say it but is a budget wake/ski boat..most people buying them are buying them cause they are much much cheaper than any of the crafts....numbers awards dont mean dick .period..if your buying a boat drive and ride it, look at craftsmanship warranty and track record....you get what you pay for..my .o2 cents
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-25-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
A wakeboard/tow boat is a pure luxury item. I would say the company selling the most is doing a good job of building a good product. I am not saying superior but good enough to enjoy and last and holdup as good as the competition's boats. In all reality if MC and CC were so superior to other manufactures they would still be on top and malibu, centurion, or skiers choice would ever had gotten the chance to get off the ground. Yes, the MC and CC can be more expensive but if they were so good then people would probably just buy a used one vs. getting a new bu, cent. or moomba/supra. I think MC and CC make a fine product unfortunately people have made choices throughout the years and slowly decided they weren't good enough to spend the extra money or maybe they just didn't like the product. If MC or CC could sell and build 3500 boats a year they would do it I would put my first born on that one.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
I don't know why Epic has not shown up on this 2006 survey? I assume that we are just not on their "ski boat" list, which is probably appropriate :-) There are several proud owners of our boats out there but the majority of Epics out and about are still promo boats and test boats. We will have a much bigger presence through the 2007 season as we finally ramp up the production in our new factory. I hope to see you on the lake sometime :-)