Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-21-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
water level is super low this year, lost two props sunday.

Earth vs Prop,,,,,earth won

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-21-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Charles: Can I ask where exactly that happened? I spend a lot of time on Hogans. Were you going around the island where it gets shallow in the middle of the channel?
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-21-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
OUCH! Nice new boat though.
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-21-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
Aww, that sucks about your prop. We also frequent Hogan, depth finders are a great investment? Doesn't your MB have one? And there's a great Prop guy in Bethel Island who'll repair it for ya. Props R Repair 925-684-0830. he charges about 75 bucks, but yours looks worse than ours was.}}
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-21-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
Looks familiar.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-21-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
J-Rod, it was after the island when you turn to the left to head back to the cliffs, about 50' from shore. Water was clear and out of no where there was the earth. When the depth finder went off it was to late. I have want to Hogan all my life and this is a first for there.

(Message edited by chas on June 21, 2004)
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-21-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
When we were there 2 weeks ago, there was a stump sticking out of the water? Do you know what caused the damage? }Did you not realize the second time you were in the same area? We go there every other weekend and I don't want to be replacing a prop. So thanks for the heads up!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-21-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
Chas-

Long time no see -

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, thnx for the heads up as I am sure we will be back to Hogans again later this year.. other than the prop - hope all is well
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-21-2004, 8:54 PM Reply   
Stacy,
we did'nt lose two props, one was one boat and one was a friend. Just happend on the same day in two different spots. We were in a spot we always ride and now the water is just to low. Oh well, at least nobody was hurt.
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-22-2004, 5:50 AM Reply   
I was camping at Hogan this past weekend and boarded through that area a few times, and did not notice any thing unusual. I just may have gotten lucky. Usually that lake is pretty well marked with bouys in the shallow spots. The water level is very low for the month of June. I have another camping trip booked for mid August, I am going to cancel, just because I don't think there will be much water left. According to the California department of water resources Hogan is less than 40% of it's capacity. And it's only June! Everyone should check out this web site, it give the current water levels, inflow and outflow of most of the major Northern California lakes.http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/RES}
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-22-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
Very cool link. Thanks Rob.