Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       06-14-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
Hi everyone. Where do you all that live in and around KC do most of your wakeboarding? I've spent some time at Clinton and Hillsdale, and venture down to Pomme de Terre every now and then. Any other suggestions?

Would like to hook up with some other boarders in the area. I'm driving a sweet MC X-2 this year.

Randy

(Message edited by rschrock on June 14, 2004)
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-15-2004, 6:23 AM Reply   
We have a cabin on the 50mm at the Ozarks. Ride with friends at Smithville on some Sundays when traffic dies off. We also ride at several small private lakes over in the Blue Springs / Lee’s Summit area.

Check your e-mail...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2004, 7:16 AM Reply   
Have you tried the new cable in KC? Although I can understand with a new X2 that wouldn't be your first choice. But it makes a nice alternative.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       06-15-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
I've driven out there and looked around, but haven't been on the cable yet. It looks nice. How is it?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
Don't know as I haven't been there yet. There is the Cable Wakeboard Tournament there next month and I'm planning to compete. So I hope it's good.
Old    corey_marotta            06-15-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
KC Watersports is the name of the cable park. Mike Olson is the owner and is one of the coolest guys I have meet. They just put in a new A-frame and fun box.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-15-2004, 3:18 PM Reply   
Jamie,
Some time when your down at the ozarks we should hook up. We have a place at the 41mm. We have a brand new Tige Switch V and would give you a pull sometime.
Old    naylz            06-19-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
I live in Brookside the boat owner lives in north KC.

We ride Smithville when ever we can, usually during the week after work the water is glass. You may share the cove with one other wake board boat. We also hit Pomme De Terre and Table Rock.

I've never been happy with the water at Clinton, maybe I am just in the worng part of the lake. Never been to Hillsdale.

Let me know when you are riding.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       06-20-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
I just moved to KC from Manhattan. We rode Tuttle Creek and my home lake Banner when I was out west. Now in the city most of the guys I know hit Garnett, Meola, and Hillsdale. Pomona and Melvern are also popular lakes with KC area riders.