Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    kevinsherwin            06-30-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about buying a Tige Pre 2200V 1998 model. Has anyone here ridden behind one, owned one ridden in one? any input would be appreciated. kevin_sherwin@hotmail.com
Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2004, 6:24 AM Reply   
My freind has this boat. With 800# in the back and and 300# in the walkthru, the wake is very nice. Not a V-drive, very big and smooth. Good luck.
Old     (ctrider)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-01-2004, 6:43 AM Reply   
I have a 1998 Tige Pre 2200V. and have been very happy with the boat. I purchased it in 2000 and have had very few problems with it. If you have read allot of post on here about Tige wakes you may get the wrong idea, The 1998 Pre 2200V does not have the side pockets that every one talks about making the wake washy. I have a very clean wake and with only about 700 lbs of added weight the wake is not huge but nice.

Some down sides (IMO) to this boat are as follows.
1) Very little room in the engine compartment. The gas tank is in the back of the boat which is nice for the added weight but makes it very cramped when working on the boat and you can only fit small sacks back their.
2) No ski locker to put a bag in the floor in the bow so it is on the floor.
3) The walk trough to the bow is narrow so it’s hard to fit a big bag.

Some nice thinks about the boat are as follows.
1) The front bow seats are the most comfortable seats I have sat on in any ski boat.
2) Boat rides very nice in rough water.
3) Lots of seating so if you have a boat full there is room.
4) Wake is nice with not a lot of weight.

Overall I am happy with my purchase, is there boat’s out there that may be better quality or have some better features? I would say yes but you will spend more.

If you don’t mind what is the cost of the one you are looking at?
Old    sandman            07-01-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
I recently sold my 96 2200V and agree with pretty much everything stated above. You don't have to put a lot of weight in this boat to get a nice wake. I ran 350lb in the bow and 300lb on each side of the engine. I never had a problem with the boat in the 4 years I owned it. Only sold it due to a new baby.

If it still has the stock 3-blade prop ditch it for a an Acme 13x11.5 3-blade. It made a world of difference.
Old    kevinsherwin            07-01-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
thanks