Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-11-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Everyone says its easy, i just got everything in the other day and it looks like a complete mess. It is going on an 05 LSV, is there any pointers i need to know if im going to try this on my own, mainly just worried about the wiring and linkage.

Im trying to decide if it is worth spending the money to have a marina do it. Thanks
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-11-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Make sure you offset the paddle wheel from the centerline of your boat. Putting it in the center it will pick up interference from the tracking fins. If you feel comfortable with the wiring, control panel installation and drilling a hole in the hull, it's a piece of cake!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-11-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Prolly the two most important things: make sure there is NO play in the linkage when finished, and make sure you choose the right "clean" spot for the paddle, unless it's already installed from the factory. I did mine myself on my 06 V210 in about four hours and it's been great. Once installed, on long tows, cover the paddle wheel with tape temporarily so it's not spinning the whole trip from air turbulence...it'll wear out the paddle wheel hardware prematurely.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-12-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Dave,

I did my 04 VLX, so it should be similar to the 05LSV.

The RPM and Paddle wheel are stubbed out under the dash - don't cut any wires. It took me about an hour to find the RPM, but trust you, it is there.

The install looks daunting at first, but it's quite easy.

1) Install servo
2) route wires for Servo
3) mount master control unit
4) Power and ground -- (The ground block is mounted above the ignition switch and to the side of the boat. Connect power to the ignition switch)
5) find the RPM and Speed stubbed out wires. One of mine were actually laying inside the dashpod, between the pod and the instrument cluster...right where I couldn't see it. The other was tie-wrapped tightly to the back side of the main wire harness that runs under the dash.

How does it work on an 05? being the Dash is different on the 05s. I didn't think you could remove any of the units in the dash. If I recall correctly they both have LCDs in them which requries they stay in place?
Old     (wakemaniac69)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-13-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
its an easy installation. contact PP if you have any questions about the location of the paddle wheel, it's the most important. I installed mine directly opposite my water intake on a 1980 Ski Nautique as far away from the center of the boat as i could. drill a pilot hole with about a 1/8" bit from the inside of your boat out, this will make using the 2" hole saw from the outside in easy. I find if I hole saw from the outside to the inside, there is less flaking of the fibre glass when the saw cuts thru. Make certain you have enough internal clearances to install the paddle wheel. Take a small piece of emmery cloth or sand paper and remove the sharp edges on the 2" hole, finish them with about 1/16 radius, this will help reduce stress risers in the fiberglass and gelcoat and reduce any spider cracks in the years to come.

It will take a bit of time to get up enough nerve to drill the first hole, remember to drill you pilot hole from the inside of the hull out, after that, you're committed and the rest is easy. I would never wakeboard without PP. I'll tow my boat for 4 hours just to have PP rather than ride behind my brothers boat without it!!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
Dave,

Correction - I know nothing about the Moomba LSV.

I assumed you had a Malibu LSV.