Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-05-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
I was hoping that you guys could help me out.
I have found a 02 21 lsv and the dealer is wanting 37k and some change for it.

Options were tower, racks, shower, wedge.
The boat is in good shape and has 144 hours on it.

NADA on the boat is 30,300 for average retail. Is the dealer nuts for asking nearly 7k over NADA or is that to be expected?? Do most dealers bargain this time of year?

I did some research and I think the hull is the diamond hull V23. Is this hull fairly good for a cross over?? My wife loves to ski and I board. For me I think about any V-Drive would be a huge improvement over the 17' four wiins that I have now.

Lots of question and hope you guys will have some answers!!!

Thanks,
Shawn
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/360334.html?1157156285

this is a great thread on diamond vs. wake hull

dealers in Idaho should be willing to deal right now, make an offer
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Rich,
Thanks for the link! That answers alot of questions about the hull.
Shawn
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-06-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Boat is overpriced a lot, but it is a dealer, and they have to stay in business. They all ask over what its worth. A real good price from a private party may be 28-30K, offer them 33K cash (boat+trlr) tops to see if they bite (only if its immac.) They may want to keep it awhile if they are asking $37K. Seems a bit out of control if you ask me. You're also in ID. Not many options probably. They probably took it in as a trade. I saw the boat on boats.com, its in Nampa right?

Boat trader has this one, 2002 MALIBU 21', SUNSCAPE LSV RED, TAN, WHITE, ALWAYS GARAGED, FULLY LOADED: BOSS TOWER, BOARD RACKS, 4 TOWER SPEAKERS, 6 DISC CHANGER, XM, SUB, DUAL BATTERIES, 3 BALLAST TANKS, PERFECT PASS, BIMINI, WEDGE, CUSTOM BOAT COVER, $33500 OBO

I bet this guy above will take 31.5. Also add in the value of the trailer when you are doing NADA.

Good luck with your purchase!
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
slipknot,
Thanks for the insight that you provided. You are correct that the boat is in Nampa, ID.

It is surprising actually how many tow boats are available around here. I am hoping to be able to get a decent deal. I don't expect to get a absolute steal but I don't want to finance them for the etire winter either!

Thanks
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-06-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Shawn

Check out www.themalibucrew.com . Lots of "in the know" people over there and unlimited information on malibu's. Most of us are members of this forum also. Good luck with the boat and you won't be disappointed!
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
Thanks for the link Brandon.

I just called the dealer and the boat is there on consignment. I wanted to trade my boat in on the BU knowing that I would take a hit from the dealer over selling it privately but thought it wouldn't be too bad. Is it going to be worse since they are selling this one on consignment?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but the Four Winns was the first boat I bought and the dealing with boat dealers is basically all new to me.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
You can make any offer you want on a consignment/brokerage boat. The dealer will forward your offer to the seller who will accept, decline or counter offer. Whatever you do, make sure you include "Subject to inspection and water test" in your offer. I did this last month and wouldn't you know, the boat didn't start. Needless to say, I withdrew my offer. You may find much more room to negotiate since it is a brokerage deal than the dealer directly since the dealer doesn't have that much of a vested interest in the boat, other than a 10% cut of the sale price. The dealers generally will not take yours as a trade on a brokerage boat, though, so expect them to pitch a similar deal to you for selling it.
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Thanks Tory for your input! All you have great and answered all my questions!

Now its time to do the negotiating and take this puppy out on the water if the numbers work out right!

Man a larger boat with more power would be so nice, but I have to remember to keep my head about me while looking!!!