Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-18-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
I got a problem. There is a new guy at work that claims he is wakeboard master. Anyway, I asked him who his favorite riders were and he quickly said Parks and Murray. I then told him I was a huge Harris, Necrason, and Gonzales fan. He replied with a resounding "WHO???". I then told him that Harris could possibly(subjective) be a better free rider to watch than Parks and Murray. He then rebuted with "If he is so good, then why doesnt he have a board with HL." I then knew I was dealing with an idiot.

Dont get me wrong, Shaun is the man too.

Could anyone post some links to The Vandall hitting some big tricks just so I can shut this guy up?????
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-18-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   

quote:

"If he is so good, then why doesnt he have a board with HL."

that is straight comedy.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-18-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
not a vid, but I love this shot. If he doesn't know who the Vandall is it isn't worth telling him, he's one of those guys that won't be into this sport a few years down the road. Oh, and your right he isn't POSSIBLY a better freerider. He IS a better freerider, but yeah Shaun is the man too.

the problem is some people would rather see one of those hucked double flip thingys then this. There will always be those kind of people around.

(Message edited by sperbet on October 18, 2005)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-18-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Toolfan, I agree with you bro. If you dont know who Harris and Gonzales are and youre favorite riders are Parks and Murray and youre favorite wakeboard is a Hyperlite, then I doubt that he is a wakeboard master. Sounds to me like he is a wakeboard wanabe! But I do have to give props to Murray, he is one of my alltime favs for shure.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-18-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
Someone send him Natural Born Thrillaz. Someone should be present to make sure he understands he is seeing a Crow mobe and Skeezer back to back into the flats.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Damn, that method is sick!
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-18-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
Here's a link. The water is crap, but....

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10207
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-18-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
ya know, i dont think its worth your time to try and convince him otherwise. let him live in his own little world. if he hasnt heard of harris or seen videos of him then thats his loss.
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-18-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
Offer him a pull,or better yet show him up behind his own boat.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-18-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
I used to be just like said guy above, then I logged onto wakeworld, entered into some online contest, I don't remember which one, and I won Natural Born Thrillaz on DVD....changed my life.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-18-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
ya NBT is my favorite all time wake vid, first one I ever watched, man was I hooked from that day on! I mean come on, is the Vandal seriously pulling all that? InsANE
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-18-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
one word......POSER!!!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-18-2005, 3:06 PM Reply   
A lot of beginner riders don't understand how hard it is to ride like him while maintaining one of the best styles in the sport.

Raley based moves get the attention of beginners and people who aren't in the sport, so naturally, they will attract more of an audience.

His section in NBT is one of the most frequently played sections out of all my surf/skate/wake videos.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-18-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
I'm a wannabe and a poser because I ride Hyperlite.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-18-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
randall schmandall. he can't even do a 9!
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-18-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
That last post is hilarious. He is definitely the man. One problem. It is hard to compare anyone to Parks. You don't really get to see him free ride much, but if you talk to any pro. There is only one guy that will try anything. It doesn't start with an R. (randall or ricky g). Style wise you may have an argument with any of those guys. Parks has still got the title of best rider (only one to land a 1080) and the only one that "will try anything."
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-18-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
I don't know about that. I didn't see any footage of Parks trying to hit that quarterpipe in retrospect. You did say "will try anything."
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-18-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
the rider thats will try anything and is always the first to hit a new rail or something is Chad Sharpe. He charges at everything and is never scared. he will hit any rail that you put in front of him.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-18-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
how are you girls arguing about what such and such rider will do? as if you know? you are talking about sh*t off of a clip, you dont know the whole story so stop being girly and saying stuff you dont know about
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-18-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
and you can do a 9? you're reachin. And you're kiddin' right? I hope so.

RH has the most style of any WCR or WSR if there is such a person out there anynore, and if there is, represent with videos, photos, #1 rider of WBM and such.

NBT is the best run by RH by far of all riders. That's right I second it, third it. whatever.

No matter if he still rides or not. Look at the Mead photos you clueless "peeps".

Actually who is Randy Harris, for most people who do not know..... Thane send this link to that clueless clown you know. And you will be invited to the spot soon. Email me and we will hook up soon.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=2

But he can't do a 9 so apperantley he is not someone of recognition according to DPC Films. Who are they anyway jk. Rock on Umalimooch! All in good fun put that one in your cr#@* pi%$ and Smo$# it. peace

Thane lets ride soon. No joke!

(Message edited by slipknot on October 18, 2005)

(Message edited by slipknot on October 18, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-18-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
wow, people take me way too seriously.

yes, i was kidding.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-18-2005, 8:22 PM Reply   
I knew it, I had to come back with some fun though.

It's like one minute you are dead serious the next it's a total joke. I'm with you on the Rh stuff for sure.

THE GUY IS A LEGEND THAT MOST DO NOT KNOW ABOUT.

Let's ride soon.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-18-2005, 10:43 PM Reply   
"how are you girls arguing about what such and such rider will do? as if you know?"

Yup.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
whats the vandal been up to lately?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-18-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
....... hey the dude like Parks and Murray.... no one disses the dude that only like Randy! True from what you say hes not up to par with every coast but he knows some good talent...... help your brother boarder to see the ways of amazing boarding coast to coast!!! Im not a fan of west coast board... I admit to being a pointless style rider(and sean ob and lyman) but I still know Randy and know everyone else shoud too!! Enlighten your friend!!
Old    cdubs            10-19-2005, 12:02 AM Reply   
hey guys randall is the man. its hard to tell how good he really is from video parts but riding with him ur just like wow. ive seen him do everything from switch 9's to every kind of seven and i asked him if he does switch blind 5's. well next ride he did the biggest double grabbed backside 7 ive ever seen off the double up landing about 30 feets in the flats then next dub he came back with a switch backside 5 just as big. in my opinion randy is the best rider by far and its gonna be awhile till people start doing switch backside 5's 20-30 ft in the flats off the dub. and he grabbed it too. the best part was when he looked up with the look like yeah i did the 5.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-19-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
There you have it. Try arguing with Chris. I'd say the only problem with Randy is his lack of video parts to get some more exposure. He's got the skills for sure.

Paul.... As far as the east coast/ west coast style thing: I don't think it matters where you are from. People have their own individual style. I'm kind of get tired of hearing the "west coast style line". The only stretch I think you could pull from it is a more snowboard style from Cali. Longer lines, bigger wakes and longer grabs (Actually Lyman blows that whole premise, so I'm back to my original thought that "style is style").
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-19-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
"I'm kind of get tired of hearing the "west coast style line".
The only stretch I think you could pull from it is a more snowboard
style from Cali. Longer lines, bigger wakes and longer grabs (Actually
Lyman blows that whole premise, so I'm back to my original thought
that "style is style")"

Finally, someone put my thoughts into words.
Old     (kyle_alberts)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-19-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
Randy cant do a nine? He does a wrappend heelside 9 off the double up in NBT! Not only that, he does cab 7s and regular 7s backside and frontside. Randy, Murray, and Parks all kill it, all have their own trademark moves, its personal preference at this point!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-19-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   

quote:

By Joe Umali (dakid) on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 8:17 pm:

wow, people take me way too seriously.

yes, i was kidding.

Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
I didn't know Randy couldn't lay down a 9?
Old    cdubs            10-19-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
yeah ive seen him do a switch hs wrapped stalefish 9 then two dubs later he did a switch toeside 9 with a stale grab not wrapped. yeah watching him ride in person definatelt does not compare to his vid parts. plus you gotta remember behind my malibu he was riding a 90 foot rope and perfect pass he would ride at 28.5. ive never seen randy do it cuz he says they gay monkey swigning tricks but i know some buddies that said they seen him do a few hoochie glides and ohh's to learn them one day back in the day so people would get off his back about it but hes never cared to do them since cuz he doesnt want people to know i think. too bad he hasnt wakeboarded in so long. hes workin 9-5 and snowboards(whole nother story) and skateboards down in huntingtom i believe right now. but even if he got back into wakeboarding in the future hed still be on top for sure to anyone with a snow,skate influence
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-19-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
cdubs is http://www.RythemX.com x still in biz

check email

(Message edited by slipknot on October 19, 2005)

(Message edited by slipknot on October 19, 2005)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-19-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
Where has he been recently? I havnt seen or heard anything about him. I know he was taking a break, but surely he hasnt completely quit the sport.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-19-2005, 8:51 PM Reply   
Randy is my favorite rider of all time asides of course Parks. Have any of you seen the video/movie "My Side"? Randy has a section in it and he is throwing out huge air! But one thing with him that does disapoint me is that I don't see a lot of his riding anywhere. He doesn't compete anymore it seems and he's never on Fuel or 54321 & such like that.

WHEN THE VANDALL RIDES-HE KILLS IT!!
Old    cdubs            10-20-2005, 1:49 AM Reply   
slipknot hey whats up. as far as rythemx its kinda done. i still do private lessons but i dont have a boat anymore. tommy lee and his producer and some other cats were in my boat a few weeks back and they sank my boat in powell and left me with nothin, few grand thats it. youd think when thier flyting g4 jets to powell to meet me and drivin bentleys down to the ramp they wouldnt have a problem with replacing a sick wakesetter boat they jumped off some rocks. but you shoot me an email at wsrcdubs@yahoo.com and ill definately hook you up with some lessons
Old    cdubs            10-20-2005, 2:13 AM Reply   
as far as randall he was riding 80 foot ropes when people thought 75 ft was way long. a year later it was 85 ft when one or two guys were riding 80. riding worlds with a hookarm cast at almost 90 ft when everyone was riding 80 ft lines going slow not flying as far. elsinore
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-20-2005, 4:20 AM Reply   
ok that first video that was posted did not do the vandal justice. Go to www.sidewayz.com, then click on BLACKLIST, then click watch trailer. SICK

(Message edited by praisinplaya on October 20, 2005)
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-20-2005, 6:38 AM Reply   
lemme get this straight tommy lee sunk your boat??? haha
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-20-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
Chris sorry to hear about that bro. Yea you would think he could come up with some $ since they are making friggin millions on this tour. Can you sue him for it? Back to School with Tommy Lee and let him sink your boat, what a crackhead! Really sorry to hear that man. I hope things turn for the better for you soon.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-20-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Insurance won't replace yur boat?

That sucks.
Old    draino            10-20-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
http://www.sidewayz.com/filmguide.php?point=Blacklist&film=blacklistrandal l.mov
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-20-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
crowmobe540.......YOUR WRONG!!! Everybody yells out Parks when it comes to a 1080......Try getting it right.....MARK KENNEY landed a couple of them!!! Its amazing how people forget. Unfortunately Mark is not around to take things to the next level for everyone.
-Nate
Old    cdubs            10-20-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
actually t wasnt drivin but his producer scott was and hes an f head. its all wierd with insurance cuz theres still a trailer and stuff and a bunch of hd cameras lost in the accident. oh yeah everyone dont forget about mark kenney. he was hitting some 1080's way back. not just one or two either.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-20-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
cdubs, let's hear the snowboarding "whole other story".
Old    cdubs            10-20-2005, 5:26 PM Reply   
well you know how good randy is at wakeboarding but still low key about it, well hes the same with snowboarding. ive never got to see him snowboard but ive had quite a few friends that have ridden wityh him in bear that are sponsored riders and they just trip out on him cuz he can land any trick he wants first try off the biggest hits.
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-20-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
Williams is right I've seen the Vandall Snow board, could be pro at that if he wanted to, corkede 7's, rodeo's, 540, 720, u name it he can do it big slow grabbed, the guy kills would luv to see him ride more though, miss his style, wakeboarding's definetly not as fun or stylish wth out him....
Old    cdubs            10-20-2005, 9:47 PM Reply   
wut up dirty. i know you smile when you think bout us hangin, haha
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-20-2005, 10:55 PM Reply   
haha yep call me up