Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old    vtncsuboarder            04-13-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
I have the opportunity to buy a 99 pro air nautique with a 2001 FCT tanks, speakers, lights, shower, basically loaded with only 300 hrs, boat is in perfect shape. I am curious if there is a differnce in wake between the 99 and 2000 models of the pro air and air models. Also, how will the wake of the 99 pro air (direct Drive) compare to the newer 2001-2004 direct drive air nautiques. I've heard the pro throws a great wake and only gets bigger with size.

I should be able to get get the 99 pro air for 25K out the door...this sounds like a good deal to me

Opinions??

thanks

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-14-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
From what I remember, the pro air and the air have different hulls. I'm not sure of the wake on the Pro Air, but the wake on the Air is great. I ride behind a 98 Air and it's great. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
The ProAir hull from 1999 till 2001 is different then the hull of the Air. The Air is the same hull as the SuperAir (starting in 1995 with the SuperSport) from nowdays.
The ProAir (1999-2001) has a real wakeboard hull (designed specific for wakeboarding). But for an unclear reason CC stopped making this hull. Some said because the hull (and wake) wasn't as good as the regular Air Nautique.

Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-15-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
Yeah, the ProAir hull was designed with good intentions but ended up not working out. If you're looking for a great wakeboard boat from nuatique you'll want to go with a super air, or super sport(same difference)
You'll want to get the Air(or Sport) nautique if you want to be able to waterski as well as wakeboard.
Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-15-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
sorry, but i was busting up at this one:

"I've heard the pro throws a great wake and only gets bigger with size."

:-)
Old    vtncsuboarder            04-16-2004, 5:38 AM Reply   
"I've heard the pro throws a great wake and only gets bigger with size." , That was a type...i meant the wake only gets bigger when more weight is added...
Old    vtncsuboarder            04-16-2004, 5:38 AM Reply   
"I've heard the pro throws a great wake and only gets bigger with size." , That was a typo...i meant the wake only gets bigger when more weight is added...
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-16-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
I just got a 99 Pro Air in awesome condition with about the same hours and with the tanks. I've ridden on a '03 super air, a '02 air, an X-7, and a Tige 21i. I'd definitely say the super air was best, but the 99 pro air is awesome, and with proper weight comes close to the super air. I'd also say that I personally like the old pro air wake better than the air's. Those stock tanks aren't too big, but if the boat's empty they really save you, it just steepens the wake and hardens it up for you. That's a great boat, and if you got a good deal on it and it runs good, you'll definitely be satisfied with the wake you have to work with.
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-16-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
Feel free to email me if you have any more specific question about that boat.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       04-16-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
I ride behind my buddy's 99 Pro Air (Direct Drive) alot and I've ridden behind the 2001 Pro Air (Direct Drive) used by Disco Bay's wakeboarding school on two separate occasions (about 8 sets), and I would say that both boats are about the same.

The issue I have with both of them is that there's just no room in those boats. The standard ballast is only about 400 lbs I think and that doesn't do too much for a good wake so you will use the storage lockers for ballast and there's little left for your stuff.

When it's loaded down I do like the wake though. It's a smoother transition on the wake compared to my malibu and I find it doens't jerk you around as much when you launch.

Those boats are very quiet though.