Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old    bvaughn97            04-09-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
I've tracked down a never-titled 2003 Gekko Revo 6.7 V-drive that has less than 40 hours on it. It has a CD player, tower, ballast system, perfect pass, keyless ignition, 350ci MPI 315 HP motor, and matching tandem trailer. The boat has been slightly used by the owner of the boat shop, but other than that it is in perfect condition with full factory warranty. The MSRP for the boat is $44,995, but the price I have been quoted is $33,700. To me it seems like a good deal, but I wanted the opinions of others who have more experience with boats than my. Thanks!!!
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-09-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
As a Gekko dealer, I would have to say that is a great price. Especially with those options on it. You would be very happy with it.

The only thing I would do if you buy it, is take out the hard tanks and put in the bladder bags. Adds a lot more weight and is very simple to do. Boat drives great with lots of weight in it. Very stable.

I couldn't even replace one at that price.

Post pics if you get it.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-09-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
Seems a little high here is the NADA
Length: 22'
Model Name/Description: REVO 6.7I/SK
Boat Type: Inboard Boats
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Beam: 8' 6"
Engine: 1
310 HP
Gasoline
Net Weight: 2,600
Low Retail: $22,490
Average Retail: $27,770

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Equipment
Power Boat: SKI BOAT
Perfect Pass - Speed Control: Low: $990 Avg.: $1,180
Wake-Board Tower: Low: $1,220 Avg.: $1,450
Water Ballast System: Low: $1,150 Avg.: $1,370

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals
Total Low Retail: $25,850
Total Average Retail: $31,770
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-09-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
John, you just priced out the direct drive, not the V-drive.
Old    bvaughn97            04-09-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
The average retail NADA price for the V-drive is $36,000, with the only exception being the upgraded engine. This price includes the 310HP, while the boat I am looking at has the 315HP. Not a big difference, but possibly adding a bit more to the value of the boat. I'll try still try to knock as much off the price as possible, but it's starting to look like a pretty good deal.

Thanks for replying goodtimes! It helps to know that another dealer thinks it's a great price. I'll definitely post pics if (or hopefully when) I get it.
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2004, 6:46 AM Reply   
Yes the engine upgrade is another $1800 or so.
Old    bvaughn97            04-10-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
Hey goodtimes - it's official, I bought the boat today. I test drove it Friday, and took it out again today on a test run. Everything seemed to check out great on the test run and inspection. There's a few things they are going to touch up this week before I pick it up in Friday of next week. I'm freaking pumped and can't wait to take it out next weekend. Final price was $33,500 which I was pleased with. Here are some poor res pics from the dealer site:

Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
Brandon, that's awesome. Congrats. You will enjoy it a lot.

If you decide to install the Launch Pads and need a couple, let me know. I can send some down to you unless you have a connection where you are. The best way to weight that boat that I have found, is the two 550lbs bags in the rear trunks, and a 350lbs bag in the bow. You get very little bow rise(if any at all) and the boat handles great. The wake is big too.

I'm jealous of you being able to get onto the water. Lakes are still frozen up here. Few more weeks of waiting.

Email me some pics of you guys boarding behind it if you can.

Have fun.

gtwatersports@yahoo.ca
www.gtwatersports.com
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-11-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   

Great buy!

Enjoy your new boat.