Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-09-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
Those of you who have bought custom sacks from Letsgoride.com, what are the dimensions of the sack. I just bought a used one with demensions of 36"x80", which seams a bit large for the center locker. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.
Rob
Old    foobysmacker            04-10-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
Mine's 9x28x80 I think. Those are the dimensions I ordered from letsgoride, but I didn't actually measure it when it came in since it looked close enough (and since I never actually measured the inside of the locker it was sorta irrelevant anyway... thanks for measuring, Ty!).

One thing that's important to note is the fact that it's pretty big side-to-side when stuffed in the locker. Until it's filled, then it seems to be just right.

Hope that helps.

Cliff
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-11-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Cliff. I was kinda thinking the same thing, that it would fill the entire locker and be alright. I was wondering if it is going to be a little difficult getting the larger sack situated in the locker. How did you get it shoved in there length wise?
Old    foobysmacker            04-13-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
oops forgot to post this--

Rob, I used my overflow hose. I got a three-valve bag on Ty's recommendation (glad I did) so one of the valves was near the front of the bag on the top side. Since I used braid-reinforced hose it was stiff enough to push the bag into the locker.

Note that my locker has large-diameter PVC pipes running the length of the locker, and I'm assuming yours does too. Because I wanted the sides of the bag to lay on top of these pipes, I made sure to prep the bag carefully for insertion to the locker-- with the bag laying in the boat, I folded each of the long sides in a few times to make the bag skinnier going into the locker. Once I pushed the bag all the way in the locker I used a pole to unfold the bag edges over the tops of the locker pipes.

I never took the time to measure how much water or weight was actually getting in the locker once the bag was in there. I decided to trust that it was a good installation overall and to check the net result on the wake. Given the huge improvement in the wake with the bag filled, I'm honestly not real concerned whether it took 700lbs to get there or if I'm actually only netting 500-600lbs-- I just know I liked my wake before, and now I love it way more. :-)

Send me a message if you need any help or more ideas.
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-13-2004, 9:01 PM Reply   
Thanks Cliff. I might try to install it in the next week or 2, if I have any questions or concerns, I will contact you. Thanks again.
Rob