Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-09-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
Hope this is not a redundant question.. My tower cracked and now needs replacing. Anyone know of a tower that works with the existing adapters on the hull? I have the original fold-down tower. Or, am I looking at a new tower and drilling? Last option is a replacement to the existing model but I can't find anyone who sells them.
Thanks for the help...
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-09-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
depending on where the crack is and how bad just get it welded.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-09-2004, 11:16 AM Reply   
I brought it to a local shop already.. They said they would not touch it. Said it will likely crack in another location. I wish it was that simple..
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-09-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear of your problem. Have you contacted your local CC dealer? I would think that something had to have happend to make the material brittle, i.e. poor welding or?
To bad patents don't also stand for quality.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-09-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   
The local dealer says they do not make the older versions anymore. However they do have a replacement with different dimensions. Requires new holes, mooring cover, and bimini. Big $$...
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-09-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
BTW... duct tape works wonders in the mean time...
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-09-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
A guy named Mike is a Neighbor, he removed an older Flight Control tower from a 96 Sport Nautique and has it for sale with pair of tubbies and C&C racks for $750 in Sacramento Ca. It is black and in perfect condition. If this is what you needcall his cell @ 916-205-6586.

Good Luck

Rick
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-10-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
I dont understand - "I brought it to a local shop already.. They said they would not touch it. Said it will likely crack in another location. I wish it was that simple."

Unless they built the tower and know something they are hiding there is no way I can figure out how they can say that, unless all the welds look really terrible.

Welding is nothing new and not rocket science. If all the welds are bad pull the tower off, get them all rewelded, paint it and put it back on. That will be a lot less then new tower adn accessories.

Sounds like someone trying to sell you a new tower. I would personally get what you have rewelded first (at anyone who is a good TIG welder) and let them give you a second opinion.

My $0.02