Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       08-19-2014, 3:56 PM Reply   
So, I was out on the boat last night. I had my 8 year old son and my buddy brought his 8 year old son and 10 year old daughter. His kids are admittedly a handful but between the two of us we did our best to keep things in check.

That said, I was bringing the boat straight from work to the launch, so stopping somewhere and grabbing my son and I a quick dinner wasn't really feasible. I told him to let me know if he was stopping anywhere. He said he already had snacks, but offered to stop by Burgerville (it's a pretty awesome Portland/Vancouver burger chain) and get us some food.

We were on the boat pretty much all evening, getting in at dark. He jumped off and backed the truck down, and then did all the wipedown of the boat. After everything was said and done, he said thanks and palmed me some gas money. I really didn't even look at it until I was driving away when I realized he threw me $50! I was blown away. Especially since we only went through $25 that night. We did more swimming/floating than anything. And we threw in a quick surf set, but with minimal ballast so not much gas was used.

I text him that night and told him that I was WOW'd and thanked him for his generousity and told him that he was welcome on my boat ANYTIME.
Old     (jordanh)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-19-2014, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
So, I was out on the boat last night. I had my 8 year old son and my buddy brought his 8 year old son and 10 year old daughter. His kids are admittedly a handful but between the two of us we did our best to keep things in check.

That said, I was bringing the boat straight from work to the launch, so stopping somewhere and grabbing my son and I a quick dinner wasn't really feasible. I told him to let me know if he was stopping anywhere. He said he already had snacks, but offered to stop by Burgerville (it's a pretty awesome Portland/Vancouver burger chain) and get us some food.

We were on the boat pretty much all evening, getting in at dark. He jumped off and backed the truck down, and then did all the wipedown of the boat. After everything was said and done, he said thanks and palmed me some gas money. I really didn't even look at it until I was driving away when I realized he threw me $50! I was blown away. Especially since we only went through $25 that night. We did more swimming/floating than anything. And we threw in a quick surf set, but with minimal ballast so not much gas was used.

I text him that night and told him that I was WOW'd and thanked him for his generousity and told him that he was welcome on my boat ANYTIME.

Wow, thats awesome!

On the flip side, I had arguably the WORST day of boating on saturday. Our usual crew is a good female friend of the couple, my wife, and I. my brother in law was also joining us later in the day. The weather said it was suppose to be about 9-10 mph winds all day. We only get weekends so its what we have to deal with. We figured we'd just hug the sheltered side of the lake and make the best of it. We got out at about 11am and it was pure glass! the riding was great. at about 2 we were taking a break and I was messing with some stuff in the boat. Then I seen a couple putting up to us in a small john boat. They introduced themselves and asked if I would swap a case of beer for a few pulls. I have never had a stranger on my boat before, but reading stuff on here I figured id give it a shot and said sure. He said he would be back on the lake at 6 to meet up. In the mean time it got reeaal nasty. high winds and started to sprinkle. the weather held out and six rolled around so we picked up the couple to go out. i asked for their shoes at the dock and they loaded on the boat with no towels, no jackets(i have extra), my beer, and their bottle of malibu. he says he hasnt been on a board in about 8 yrs. he got up first pull and was pretty shaky. he eventually caught a toe edge and fell. I pulled him up the second time, he cut out hard, edges in and busts a tantrum to belly flop. at this time i was pretty concerned he was going to hurt himself. i asked him to come in and take a breather. he asked if his wife could give it a shot as she had never been out before. we handed over my wifes board and she got in the water. looong story short it ended up with him yelling at her, her almost in tears, and mean about to lose it. I was so focused on her in the water that i didnt see my bro-in-law and him polish off that whole bottle of malibu. she got back in the boat and I was trying to make up excuses to get back to land. he asked for one more pull and i agreed. this was before i realized how drunk he was. he went to get my board out of the rack and dropped it on the gunnel of my boat so first pull, falls on face, second pull, falls on face, third pull, falls on face. this is when i realize hes smashed. I got him in the boat and rushed for shore. we pulled up to his dock and the two put their shoes on and started climbing out my bow. after that we started to leave and i see he also drank 5 beers out of the case I got for payment. to top off the night we got back to our local dock and had a run in with a drunk on a pontoon. thankfully his wife was there to shut him up!