Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-05-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
Currently ride an '04 134 CWB Absolute. Weight 170lbs. Skill level intermediate. Thinking about moving up anywhere from a 138 to a 144 and would appreciate any input. Possibly Parks or another Absolute. Thanks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-05-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
I weight the same as you. I've been on a Absolute 141 for a couple of years now.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-05-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
I'd definately check the new Absolute. It will be a lot more forgiving for an intermediate rider. The new shape is sweet!! If I were you I would step up to the bigger shape, it will feel a lot more stable on landings and have more edge to work with. There is an article in the new WBM that talks about board size. Generally the consensus is that people are going with bigger and bigger boards for the reasons I mentioned above.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-05-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
5'10", 170-175 lbs. I rode a DU Nelson 138 for years. Switched to a 140 Premier and now ride the 141 Premier.

I think it just depends on how you ride. The most I spin is a 5. The larger board is good on straight airs and spins like b/s 180's. It feels like it would be a bit more to lug around on spins like 5+. But, Igor used to ride a 145 and he wasn't very tall/big. Collin Wright rides a bigger size too, and he seems to spin no problem. So, you can spin on bigger boards if you know what you are doing.

I also like the larger size on the colder, denser Tahoe water. Seems to be a bit easier on the ole' knees. If I had to pick a perfect size, it would be in the 139-140 range. Unfortunately, I don't get to design my own pro model so I have to go with what is out there!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-05-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
Randy ~ I have a 03 parks 143 and 02 parks XL bindings for sale. Don't know of a price yet but I could get you some pics and you could let me know if you would like to make me an offer.

It's funny that you say Parks or Absolute cause I used to ride the Parks and now the Absolute.

Good luck on your search.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-05-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
all you need is the absolute 141
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-05-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for everyones input. If anyone has an Absolute 141 or knows anyone that wants to trade for the 134, I'll pay the shipping.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-05-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
damn it Mango. I was trying to sell a board. J/K the Absolute is my new baby and I couldn't agree more with you "all you need is the absolute 141"