Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-21-2021, 1:09 PM Reply   
Sad, I was rooting for the little guy who was doing it for the love of the sport... But alas, this is a big boy industry where the little guys just get squeezed out
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-23-2021, 3:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboozer View Post
Sad, I was rooting for the little guy who was doing it for the love of the sport... But alas, this is a big boy industry where the little guys just get squeezed out
Kyle, Joel and everyone had a lot of passion and made a great product. I still love my '11 Oracle. I think they had a good idea bringing everything stateside and offering custom builds, but unfortunately only a handful of people wakeboard anymore. It's just not a big enough market to be a small player in. (Kent Watersports & Ronix dominate what's left)

Which makes me wonder, is there a market for custom wakesurf boards? It seems like that's where the money might be.
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-11-2021, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Kyle, Joel and everyone had a lot of passion and made a great product. I still love my '11 Oracle. I think they had a good idea bringing everything stateside and offering custom builds, but unfortunately only a handful of people wakeboard anymore. It's just not a big enough market to be a small player in. (Kent Watersports & Ronix dominate what's left)

Which makes me wonder, is there a market for custom wakesurf boards? It seems like that's where the money might be.
I have a few custom builds from Humanoid. 3 actually: 2 boat and 1 cable. One is the Cameo shape with Vandall bottom and custom graphic, the other is the Oracle (new shape) with a unique graphic by Mat Miller, and finally a Huxtable shape for the cable. I really liked Humanoid and the energy they put into the wake industry. Sad to see. I really didn't like the Vandall board. Too narrow and too fast for my liking. Extremely locked in once on edge. Nonetheless, I'm sad to say now that I got rid of it. I feel like my best riding however has been on the 2014 Humanoid Oracle. I wish I still had that one too!
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-23-2021, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessticles View Post
I have a few custom builds from Humanoid. 3 actually: 2 boat and 1 cable. One is the Cameo shape with Vandall bottom and custom graphic, the other is the Oracle (new shape) with a unique graphic by Mat Miller, and finally a Huxtable shape for the cable. I really liked Humanoid and the energy they put into the wake industry. Sad to see. I really didn't like the Vandall board. Too narrow and too fast for my liking. Extremely locked in once on edge. Nonetheless, I'm sad to say now that I got rid of it. I feel like my best riding however has been on the 2014 Humanoid Oracle. I wish I still had that one too!
Hey JC, what's up? Which shape board did I buy from you? I think it was the Oracle outline with the bottom features from another board? Anyway, still loving this board!
Old     (Nessticles)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2021, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by miljack View Post
Hey JC, what's up? Which shape board did I buy from you? I think it was the Oracle outline with the bottom features from another board? Anyway, still loving this board!
What’s up! It was the new, updated Oracle shape. I can’t remember which type of bottom design it had. Maybe the outside channel or multi-concave? I haven’t ridden in about 2 yr. so disappointing. But can’t wait to get back on the water…stay safe out there!
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-26-2021, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessticles View Post
What’s up! It was the new, updated Oracle shape. I can’t remember which type of bottom design it had. Maybe the outside channel or multi-concave? I haven’t ridden in about 2 yr. so disappointing. But can’t wait to get back on the water…stay safe out there!
I hope it wasn't an injury! So when did the Oracle shape get updated? The one I have is a "multi-concave" bottom. When their site was still up, I think they called it a "multi-channel?"

I think I'm not a fan of those "Blunt" fins, have you tried more traditional fins on your Humanoids?