Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
How often do you change your maine lines. I know they kinda loose their snap and stiffness. Plus I think they start to give and are more springy got a new one and I can tell a big difference between the new and old one. I am thinking a season maybe then get a new one. Anyone else try to switch them out every season?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-11-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
You know after seven seasons my only original piece of equipment left is my Spectra shoe-string line. Gotta be carefull about tangles but the stuff just won't die!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
New one every year, or 2 or 3 depending how many my son runs over sorry Alex had to.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2006, 11:24 PM Reply   
Yah, I just upgraded this year, only becuase I came up on a a-line for 60 bucks. Otherwise I am with sparky, original SL spectra shoelace from a long time ago. I kinda dig how it is all soft now from the years of use, kinda like an old pillow.

Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-12-2006, 4:45 AM Reply   
Use it until you run over it and have to tie knots too many times that you don't have enough line left. Besides that, older feels better.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-13-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
I've had my accurate jacket series main line for ever and still 100%. I wish it would break down, come up missing or something so I can get some new tracer cable.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
I still use the first yellow jacket line I bought more than 3 years ago.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-15-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
until a month ago i was ridin a proline rope and handle that i got when i was ridin for them about 4 or 5 years ago. it was deffiantely a pain in the ass to role it up and unrole it without gettin knots in it but it was still plenty strong.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-15-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
Again Squid.... I think your on crack. I've still got an Accurate line that is 3 years old and it's in perfect shape. Hasn't faded and definitely doesn't stretch. I think it definitely depends on the quality of the rope to start with. That Accurate I've got has gone through 3 worn out handles.

I'm going to replace it this year, but it's definitely not worn out. I just want to get one of the Pro Line Dynema ropes cuz' they're pimp.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
haha yep evan its good stuff. I just noticed when I rode a new one and my old one on the same day. The old one gave some.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-15-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Squid, I think you would need a new line every time you changed you board
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-15-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Doug no more new boards the wife found out how many boards I had. She cut me off. One of the guys I ride with used me as a example so he could get a new board and it got back to her.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-15-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
i have never noticed a difference in ropes and ive ridden at least 3 different ropes in one day. im not sayin that there is no difference i just have never notcied one. a few years back we used to put one 5 foot section of ski rope that stretches at the end to learn spins