Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (randv)      Join Date: May 2015       07-17-2015, 1:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Chris View Post
What's a "stock boat"? Or more precisely, what makes the $80K Epics on TAL's website "stock boats"? Not trying to be a jacka**...(this time). I'm really asking. What is missing from these boats to make them into real boats?
Essentially it is a boat that has been specified by the dealer,occasionally by the manufacturer, and sometimes it is a cancelled order. There's nothing wrong with them, it is just when buying new most people want to be able to build the exact boat they want (I do), after all that is one of the main benefits for buying new. Taking what someone else has ordered, including their choice of colors and fittings, usually reduces the value a bit as the buyer can't chose it. The upside is that it is immediately available. Also stock boats are often targeted at the average buyer (obviously), so they tend to not be very highly specified, usually have the standard motors, etc.

Because the buyer didn't get exactly what they may want, they usually are only prepared to buy it if it is discounted. (Unless they want a boat now, now, now, and wont wait for a build). For the cost of these boats, I'd wait and get exactly what I want!

That's it really.

Last edited by randv; 07-17-2015 at 1:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-17-2015, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by randv View Post
Essentially it is a boat that has been specified by the dealer,occasionally by the manufacturer, and sometimes it is a cancelled order. There's nothing wrong with them, it is just when buying new most people want to be able to build the exact boat they want (I do), after all that is one of the main benefits for buying new. Taking what someone else has ordered, including their choice of colors and fittings, usually reduces the value a bit as the buyer can't chose it. The upside is that it is immediately available. Also stock boats are often targeted at the average buyer (obviously), so they tend to not be very highly specified, usually have the standard motors, etc.

Because the buyer didn't get exactly what they may want, they usually are only prepared to buy it if it is discounted. (Unless they want a boat now, now, now, and wont wait for a build). For the cost of these boats, I'd wait and get exactly what I want!

That's it really.
Ahhh... so not that it is "basic" but that it is "in stock"? And because it isn't custom it may be "basic". Thanks for the info.
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-16-2015, 1:54 PM Reply   
Trim levels... (and Im not talking surf trim levels)

LanceM
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-17-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
You can sometimes get a better deal on an ordered boat because the dealer his no risk for holding onto the asset FYI, boat comes in, boat goes out, and doesn't need to worry about it
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       07-17-2015, 8:35 AM Reply   
Wow Chris is taking a shot at JJ about airbags - You are really trying to help one of your customers get back on the water. Way to go.

I can not imagine a CEO, President, Owner etc of any of the big three or any of the other manufacturers coming on a site like this and directly insulting a customer over anything.

Of course they are busy coming up with innovative ideas and ways to sue each other and Chris is busy building fishing boats.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-17-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
Dial back the outrage..... Different Chris.
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-17-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflashwatersports1 View Post
Wow Chris is taking a shot at JJ about airbags - You are really trying to help one of your customers get back on the water. Way to go.

I can not imagine a CEO, President, Owner etc of any of the big three or any of the other manufacturers coming on a site like this and directly insulting a customer over anything.

Of course they are busy coming up with innovative ideas and ways to sue each other and Chris is busy building fishing boats.
In the words of Buggs Bunny, "What a maroon!"

I guess all people named Chris are the same person, huh? I would give you slack, but since the last time you posted on this thread you said:

Quote:
Lance is a world class DB. As a boater in general I hate to say this because Karma is a bi@#h. I hope you break down and need a tow and everyone that stops says I cant tow you until you drain your tanks and aww sh$% you cant because your battery is dead and you just sit and rot. Stop being an ass and get over yourself and your EPIC.
And thus I say... look what the Karma cat dragged in!
Old     (randv)      Join Date: May 2015       07-23-2015, 2:24 AM Reply   
Quote:

Wow, this thread just keeps giving. There are so many 'classics' posted here, and more keep coming
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-17-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Almost as bad as an incorrect knee jerk reaction to throw an innocent party under a bus.

Chris Anthony (cla17) = EPIC

Chris Hicklin (TX_Chris) = Some guy
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-17-2015, 9:20 AM Reply   
Ha ha ha!
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-20-2015, 8:58 AM Reply   
Everyone knows whiteflashwatersports1 is just a pot stirrer, and now pretty stupid... Complete little man syndrome... I forgot about him till your repost TX_Chris....

Glad he comes by every so often, and refreshes the thread... Keep it going WFWS1...

Lance MOUNTAIN
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-22-2015, 8:43 PM Reply   
So.............did Epic send him a new Mastercraft with a depth finder yet?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-29-2015, 10:46 AM Reply   
Where does this issue stand?
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       07-29-2015, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Where does this issue stand?
Im assuming still on land because once JJ is on the water its gonna be an explosion of pics
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-29-2015, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Im assuming still on land because once JJ is on the water its gonna be an explosion of pics
I'm convinced he cannot operate a camera and/or upload photos.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-03-2015, 6:58 AM Reply   
Any updates?
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-03-2015, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Any updates?
Attached Images

Old     (rossco)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-04-2015, 3:48 AM Reply   
this reminds me of tige thread, guy has a problem with asr-comes on here gets a rz2 to use thread goes dead. maybe epic have really helped this guy out, i hope as summer in the usa is coming to an end.
Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-18-2015, 10:02 AM Reply   
Another week has come and gone, and I'm still left with the false hope that someone will post a picture of an Epic under water.... RIP

Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-03-2015, 7:31 AM Reply   
So.. what happened?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2016, 10:26 AM Reply   
Bump.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       01-11-2016, 5:40 PM Reply   
I want my click back. no update=fail.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-13-2016, 12:13 PM Reply   
Sign in for the first time in like 6 months and JJ posted half of this thread from a halfway house, evidently, the guys boat probably depreciated 10k before it will ever work, one of the most epic gif's ever was posted to WW, there still isn't one picture of this busted boat, and TAL are still pieces of crap.

Man I opened this bad boy up expecting this had been put to bed.

Also not to rub salt in the would but everyone busting on JJ for not viewing the boat previous to buying it obviously hasn't considered the fact that the law probably doesn't let him cross state lines. I kid I kid.
Old     (LanceM)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-07-2015, 7:11 AM Reply   
OMG did I call this one right...

JJ you have stunk like a skunk since your first post... Smells like a skunk, makes skunkish decisions, sprays skunk skank everywhere and on everyone ----- MUST BE A SKUNK...

I figured if I waited long enough you would manage to step in your own dodo... And WOW!!! better than I had hoped...

KING OF POOR CHOICES

Prop, that was Karma getting ya before ya have to give the boat to the US Govt... lol....

LANCE MOUNTAIN!
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       07-07-2015, 7:21 AM Reply   
Wow....
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-07-2015, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post
OMG did I call this one right...

JJ you have stunk like a skunk since your first post... Smells like a skunk, makes skunkish decisions, sprays skunk skank everywhere and on everyone ----- MUST BE A SKUNK...

I figured if I waited long enough you would manage to step in your own dodo... And WOW!!! better than I had hoped...

KING OF POOR CHOICES

Prop, that was Karma getting ya before ya have to give the boat to the US Govt... lol....

LANCE MOUNTAIN!
After your performance in this thread, you don't smell so good either.