Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    bbasnick            08-27-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
I recently got a Mastercraft x-7 and have been surfing behind it. Im new to boating as well; I believe my x-7 is considered a stern drive (engine in the middle). A bunch of sites have said its bad to surf behind a stern drive, should i not be doing this? It can push a pretty mean wake when weighted properly, and the swim deck clearly covers the prop. As well, any sites on instructions for 180's and 360's? Can work the wake pretty well now, time to move up
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-27-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
Your X7 is not a stern drive, is a Direct Drive.

This would be a pic of a sterndrive boat

Upload
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
wow those people are not very smart, and yes my friend has an x-9 (very similar boat) and we wakesurf behind it all the time
Old    mtripper            08-28-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
We have a 197 which is the same hull as yours (I think). How are you weighting yours? We use a rear seat sac in the back, lounge sack behind the driver, and phat buddie in the bow. I think the weights of those are 680, 440, and 280 - although we can't fill the buddie in the front so it's probably closer to 200.