Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-01-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Hey did anyone see the couple wakeboarding on Amazing Race last night? At the beginning of the show, they had a small clip about the participating couples and they showed Monica and Joseph wakeboarding.

It was nice to see someone enjoying the sport on primetime, even if it was just for a little bit!
Old     (boarderbabe)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-01-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
(I'm sure this is will get a laugh or two...) :-)

On Parental Control (MTV) the other afternoon, there was a couple that were both trying wakeboarding for the first time. I think it is getting around.

I also started working at Starbucks recently, and both of my managers wakeboard/ski.

This has both positives and negatives... hah

-Danielle
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-01-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
On wifeswap there was a guy that was a wakeskater. He was a total doushe bag as a dad and a husband but looked to be a pretty good wakeskater.
Old    jetgofish            03-01-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Jon I watch both and agree with you on the wife swap guy
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-01-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Joseph is actually a friend of mine. I don't actually know him as good as some of my other friends do but I do know him. Here's the story.... He is a pretty good wakeboarder. They are both really cool people. They went to Las Vegas for a trip and some guy came up to Monica and asked her if she wanted to be on Survivor. (I'm assuming because she's so dam hot)Anyway, she said no that she could not do that gross stuff. So he said what about the amazing race. They said cool. He told them to be X at X time and there they are. It's so weird seeing them on TV. I just love the fact that they are representing Arkansas by wearing a HOG on their sleeve.
Old    low_key_wake            03-01-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
oh great, first mtv has wakeboarding, now this, whats next, nike?....
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-01-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
i was channel surfing the other night and stopped on the road rules vs. real world vs. joe rogan challenge. there wasn't any wakeboarding going on, but everyone was wearing jet pilot baller vests and liquid force hats and sweatshirts. i waited around for a while expecting shane to pop out, but no such luck
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-01-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
Well at least the sport is getting some air time!

Our daughter is totally pulling for Monica & Joseph to win just because they are wakeboarders too!

Personally, I think "The Frosties", the two sisters, are so funny, but I don't think they'll make it to the finish line.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-01-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
I actually grew up with Monica (our mom's were friends) and have classes with her at the UofA right now as a matter of fact. They are both really nice/cool people.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-01-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
haha i saw that wifeswap where the dad would go out every morning wakeskating and then come home to take his kids to school late!! And I also was wondering why the real world vs rr people were wearing wake vests when they were crawling through the tires...??
Old    low_key_wake            03-02-2006, 1:19 AM Reply   
there was a third wheel a couple years back, and the guy takes her out on the boat and goes boarding. It was a good one.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-03-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
Check out the new Boeing aircraft 747-8 PR video. Has a wakkeboarder in it. Click to start video.

http://747.newairplane.com/funstuff/Videos.aspx
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-03-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
Jeff, I caught the rules vs world too. LMFAO about the Shane comment
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-03-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Airfreak - you part of the Spirit Aerospace group now? Big B has that move all messed up.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-03-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
Still at the BigB for now. Who knows how long that will last.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-03-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
i didn't see the show but i think that's great exposure for the sport.. :-)
Old     (michael_riffle)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-03-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
The cool thing was I ran into them in Kansas City around November or early December and I think they are one of the final couples. They where looking for the airport museum at the downtown airport. It was a total shock, because it is one of my favorite shows. Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag.