Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old    alysianrock            02-25-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
I am thinking of purchasing a board with a weight range of 150+ but I only weigh 100. I am very muscular so I am not worried about the weight, however I was wondering if it would affect my performance at all. Any thoughts on the subject?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2006, 12:48 AM Reply   
i dont have any personal experience on the subject however i can tell u that if you buy a bigger board that you will have more pop and great rotation on normal tricks. if you are someone who is tryin to learn mobes and more advanced inverts that oyu will have trouble with swing weight and gettin the board around. if your not workin on mobes then a size larger will deffinately be nothing but help your progression.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-26-2006, 5:52 AM Reply   
you're very muscular but only weigh 100 pounds?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-26-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
Thinking back to when my son weighed 100 lbs, he was riding a 128, he is now 150 lbs and rides a 135. A lot depends on what level your riding at, like Jason said if your trying pro level tricks, Mobes & 7's I would stay on a smaller board. If your just having fun and progressing your riding, bigger boards are easier to ride and more forgiving when you make a mistake.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-26-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
my experience with myself and beginners at my camp is to stay on a bigger board. there is no right or wrong, but the more board under you, the more to push you into the air and the more to land on. now, you don't want to get on a gigantic board, but get on something you would think is too big with your stance a little wider and you might be suprised? im 5'6",150 and ride a 138, stance all the way out.
As far as swing weight, most of the pros are riding bigger boards and still spin quickly. Thats about the range i suggest very beginners ride as well. Like i said, there is no right or wrong just try before you buy. shaun
Old    alysianrock            02-26-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input! I think I am gonna go for a board with a weight range that includes my weight in the bottom rung. I definitely want to catch some decent air so I want something heavier than a beginner board. My dilemma is that I'm a dancer as well as a wakeboarder this helps with flexibility on the wakeboard but usually I feel really limited to beginner boards. However, I know I can handle a heavy board because the dancing actually builds muscle and keeps me in excellent shape.

- alysianrock
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-26-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
Please note that you recieved a response from a trained, dominant, succesful professional athlete. If I were you I'd print this thread and frame it on the wall. Thank you.
Old    alysianrock            02-26-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
hahaha...sounds like a good idea!

hey, check on my thread about the...
Catch the Wave Cafe!