Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-28-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Could I get directions from someone to get to the channel. it would be coming from Ventura.
I am going to be there tomorrow afternoon.

thanks,

Thomas
Old     (aracinelli)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-28-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
The Elsinore channel is off of the 15. Take which ever way it suits you best to get to the 15 then go south into the city of lake elsinore. Get off at Diamond Dr./Railroad Canyon rd. Turn right. Stay on this road till you get to the Stadium parking lot. Turn right go around the back and you will see an opening to the channel go in there.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-28-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Street right before the stadium is called PETE LEHR DRIVE. You'll be looking straight down the channel- there's a road on the levee but you may or may not be able to drive out the levee-
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-28-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
thanks guys. looking forward to riding there for the first time. maybe I will see some other ww's out there.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-29-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
thomas - I have launched from the city ramp and then driven over to the channel...another option...there are signs to get there from the 15.

how was the channel? I haven't been out there since before summer...was it crowded? hope it was fun!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-30-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
I found it ok. thanks guys.
the channel was pretty cool. no other boats. Brent rented it out for the day. the wind did pick up, around 3pm or so.
either way, I learned a bunch, and had a great time! saw some great riding from everyone on the boat. everyone was very encouraging, and supportive of each other.