Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (wade2062)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-26-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
Latest rumor is that our local dealer is closing, I heard that A dealership From cincy is going to take over. Anyone have any info?
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-26-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
What dealership???
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Wade, wheres the dealership in cincy?
Old     (wade2062)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-26-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Scott, Mid ohio watersports in powell, and the cincy dealership is no wake from what I heard.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-27-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
I've heard from a number of places that Mid Ohio is closing, that's too bad, my limited experiences with them were very positive. Malibu and Mid Ohio sponsored the Scioto Wakefest and were very helpful.

This morning I saw a familiar face at the Speedway near Griggs filling up a VLX. He said that he called the store and was told they are closing. He also said that another dealership was stepping in to fill the void but he didn’t have any details. If that's true the Malibu crowd should be OK. I wonder if anyone is going to take care of the Mastercraft crowd?
Old     (tvreeland)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-27-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
The Cinci dealer for malibu is No Wake marine and they are real chill guys and put on a good tourny at the end of the year.
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-28-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
No Wake Marine has been around for a while (I believe near 15 years). They are a great dealership and a good service department. This dealership has only sold Malibu's since it's been around. I think this will only affect those living in the way northern parts of Ohio as they will likely have to look in Michigan/New York to get a Malibu.

Hern Marine in Cincinnati is a Mastercraft dealership but from what I've heard, not a very good one. They've only carried the line like 3 or 4 years, and I hear they lack in the service department. This particular marine has been around for a long time, the problem is they sell so many other boats (3 or 4 major I/O brands - I know crownline, pontoons, and fishing boats). Their service department is very busy.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-28-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
I've heard that good news is on the way - hang on.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       08-30-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
R u guys talking about the mid-ohio on streetsburo?
Old    swass            08-30-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
Does "No Wake" mean they don't sell wakeboard boats? What an odd name for a boat dealership.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-30-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
I think they got their start selling inboard tournement ski boats by Malibu. Now, they sell mostly Wake boats. You shoudl see them roll on their houseboat at Norris Lake. I think it has to be the biggest I have ever seen and they usually have a couple of 247's around. Nice guys...Spencer is the man there.
Old     (soundman22)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Rumor has it that Spencer is partnering up with the Cinci guys and may be opening a new shop in Columbus area.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
It's not so much a rumor, it’s just not official, not that I know of anyway. I've heard that No Wake is taking over Mid Ohio's business, keeping the same staff, but I’m not sure about the business name. On the 9th I'm going down to the Hyperlight Light grassroots event in Cincinnati to see what they are like, I’ve heard good things. Does anybody know where they hold their competitions?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-31-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
Guys you should go the the No Wake Hyperlight wakeboard event and meet the No Wake guys. I called Spenser today, sounds like things are going in the right direction for the Columbus Malibu community. The No Wake event is going to be on the Miami River in Hamilton, and the event is going to be held "In Conjunction with Hamilton, Ohio’s Great Miami River Days". To find directions mapquest this address 954 Hamilton Cleves Rd., Hamilton, OH 45013.
Old     (gangster_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-01-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
Ive been dealing with thees guys for years. I dont have a malibu, but i know at least 6 or 7 ppl who have bought their boats from them. ive never heard any compliants. All they carry is malibu and there pro shop is ho and hyperlite mostly.. As far as their boat service..not sure..but they are great ppl. I ride in their tournament every year. The advance and out-law classes usually have about 20-25 riders in each class. they have a web page but i dont think anyone keeps it up to date on the news stuff...www.nowake.com tournament is sept 9th and 10th