Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
My friend just got the first Malibu boat here in Argentina, It's a V-ride. we got the boat shipped overseas and no dealer here, so we had to give it some work ourselves.

here's a list of things we did.

-plunged the V-drive water line
-Installed plugs on the hull (3)
-engine plugs (2)
-board racks
-stickers

we got a set of clamps on a seal attached to the drain plug, one we used for the V-drive but the others we dont know what they are for.
We also got a bag with instructions for tuning the tower and a set of pins and another set of 2 longer studs wich we dont know what they are for either. This is for an Illusion tower.

We also got an "Airmax" plastic thing wich I guess is a replacement for the speedo padding wheel.

What else should we check before turning the key?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-21-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
clamps should be for water hoses. The pins should be for the tower to keep it in the upright position and the two studs are resets for the EZ-lift springs.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-21-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
Put the boat in water. LOL
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-21-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
You have one clamp that goes on the transmission cooler on the starboard side of the engine and the largest clamp goes on the J Hose which is on the back side port side of the engine. The other set of pins you probably won't need, they are for locking out the spring tension system for the tower. Other than that put some fuel in it and fire it up.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-21-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
Ok Chris, that was good, I will check for that tomorrow,
Also I've told to check the fuel filter for some goose they put on it for shipping?

We have the manual wedge, we see that it is only up or down position, anyone has drilled more holes into it????
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-21-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
It is a free floating wedge. Do not drill anymore holes in it.
Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-21-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
-Check oil
-Install plugs
-Fill boat with gas
-Fill cooler with beer
-Fill boat with hot chicks & friends
-GO HAVE FUN!!!!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-22-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
sorry to ask this but how does the free floating wedge work? It's the first time we see one.

We cannot deploy it down since there are a set of nuts blocking the way to the holes, should we take those out so it goes all the way down?
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-22-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
The Free floating wedge does not lock into place in the down postition. Just pinch the pins and put it down, from then it will constantly tune itself to the optimum position.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-22-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
Chris is right.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-22-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Luciano, also i would recommend following the engine break-in procedures found in the Indamar instruction booklet. It will need a vdrive and engine oil change after the first 10 hours also, but its all outlined in the booklet in a chart for you, i'm sure you'll see it.

Other than that I would run it for a few minutes with the engine hatch open the first time you put it in the water and watch for leaks around hoses.

you are on running on the Rio Parana, probably a little cold this time of year down there? ha-ha, yeah?

I also own the V-Ride and you have got yourself a really nice boat.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-22-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Tj, thanks but the boat isnt mine, I just helped with the selection on the model and options. Now with the start up.

I own the old school CC on my profile.

I have adressed the break-in instructions and have explained my friend how to do it, since I suspect I wont be onboard during the process.

Yes, it's winter down here, funny thing is we got almost 30ºC all June, guess it's the global warm-up thing.

thanks all.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
Make sure you got the stickers in the right place or all hell will break loose!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-22-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
You know, I told my friend the samething, he wanted me to google pics so he could put them exactly where they ought to be. I just want to throw the damn thing on the water!!!

I only spotted a few details with my anal eye, that were the throttle control pannel is somehow loose as is one the stuff holder below the engine hatch.

Anyway we are quite impressed with the overall quality of the boat, even though being a entry level model everything is quite fit.